Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday's Thanksgiving

1. I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather we had yet again today! The boys decided that we needed to take the long-cut up to the park today. Whew! I wish I would have been wearing shorts and a tank top by the time we got there! The long-cut, as Stephen calls it, is going on a dirt path straight up a steep hillside pushing a close-to-30-pound two year old in a stroller (because I wanted to get there faster????). It may be a long-cut, but it's also the workout path! I guess, in that regards, I'm thankful for the warm weather and for the workout path that we took to the park!

2. I'm thankful that Roger and Amy are finally in Papua where they've wanted to be for quite some time!

3. I'm thankful that when I'm at my wit's end with the boys, God will give me another unique idea to try with them and it always amazes me how well it works! (Did you know that it's much more fun to pick up Legos when you pick up all the green ones first, and then the blue, and then the yellow and of course you always save the red for last? Try it the next time YOU have to pick up Legos!)

4. One more for today ... I'm thankful for the cuteness of fresh hair cuts on little boys. Even though they were squirming like crazy through the whole thing, I don't think I did too bad of a job! I'm also thankful for my RubbaScrubba brush that whisked those little irriating pieces of hair right off of their necks! The boys look so nice and clean and fresh again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My short cuts usually precipitate long cuts. What is that Penn.Dutch saying? "The faster I go -the slower I get."
Love, heidi

Anonymous said...

NO- it is " the behinder I get" - and the harder I think the more confused I become!

heidi

LindaSue said...

oh, I learned that lego trick long ago! It's also "fun" to tell the kids they can each only pick up certain colors. That usually results in giggles with blocks picked up even faster!

Anonymous said...

You can always create "Hauk" or however it's spelled...like Gram.P did. Anything we didn't put away she put in hauk. Problem was, we never found where hauk was. Looked high and low, even after the house was sold. Just think of the value of all those antique toys someone may find in hauk!