In two weeks our family is going to be heading to the airport to endure a 10 1/2 hour flight, a 5 1/2 hour layover and then an additional 2 1/2 hour flight (that is, if everything goes as scheduled) before we finally reach our destination: ASUNCION, PARAGUAY! Before then, though, I still need to sort through the kids' stuff to find summer clothes that fit, pack that stuff, evaluate MY summer clothing situation, finish shopping for our stuff, organize all the things that we're taking for Colegio Privado Adonai, stuff for Karen and Oscar and the boys, Jason's treats, gifts for my friends, etc. Nancy (our friend who is coming with us) and I have to figure out what we're going to be doing when we take over Jason's classes for him while he zips up to Miami for his cousin's wedding; what games, songs, activities we're going to teach the kids, how we're going to handle classroom management when we only know English, and on and on and on.
I also have to make arrangements here for the young ladies that will be staying at our place while we're gone. I need to make sure I tell them where everything is, when they need to pick up the newspapers from the porch, why certain vents in the kitchen bang like crazy and scare you to death during a wind storm. I need to show them how to use the washing machine, the answering machine, the gas stove. I need to explain where our mailbox is down the block and further down the next street. I need to remember to tell them to make sure that the door into the garage is closed tight so that it doesn't blow open with the gusts of wind.
At least I can check a few things OFF of my list already!
- The visa applications have been filled out and done and redone so many times! Now we're just waiting for the response from the Embassy of Paraguay
- The forms have been filled out at school for the boys' absences
- Sunday School responsibilities have been taken care of
- Final Watkins orders placed and will be delivered by the first of next week
- Neighbors told and emergency numbers given out
- Fun little activities for the boys on the plane have been arranged by another friend
- Suitcases are pulled out and some clothes have just been dumped in
I'll make it! I guess I don't have to have my life under control in two weeks' time. I just feel like I have to. I'll just roll with the punches and do what I can ... all with a super sore throat, achy body, chills and fever that so conveniently hit me on Sunday! ~Blech!~