Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A First Time For Everything

Now I understand one of the reasons why parents are told not to leave their children unattended in the bathtub. We've been spared this incident for over five years, but I guess there really is a first time for everything.

Tonight Timothy and Christopher were in the tub together and they were quite content playing so I zipped into my room to get ready for church. I was only gone for less than a minute when Timothy started to scream, "MOMMY!!! I hear something that stinks in here!" (Yes, those were his exact words.)

I ran into the bathroom and was SHOCKED at the sight! There were little blobs of poop all over the floor!!! Both boys were still in the tub. Timothy had just done his business about an hour earlier so I knew it wasn't from him. But Christopher doesn't climb out of the tub himself, so I didn't even imagine that it came from him.

As I was standing there in disbelief, another chunk came flying across the room while Christopher whimpered, "I don't like that!" I looked in the tub to see him scooping up yet another chunk, ready to hurl that one across the room! The poor kid was so traumatized by the STUFF in his bath water that he was trying to get rid of it in any way possible. He was sitting there shuddering like a wimp and just looking very repulsed!

Fred heard the commotion and came in, followed by Stephen. We were all standing there just staring, not sure what to do first. The water was quite murky by this point because of all of Christopher's attempts to eliminate the waste (pardon the play on words). My dear husband quietly told me to deal with the kids and he'd deal with the STUFF. I turned the shower on them (while they both screamed that they didn't want the shower) and Fred carefully picked up all the remaining chunks and then got the boys dressed while I scrubbed out the tub.

I must say that I am thankful that we made it through five years of parenthood without having to deal with this. Maybe my pride needed a little work because I HAD been quite proud that I never had to deal with this before. I hope that this first time was also the last because I was ready to puke dealing with this right along with Christopher who looked like he was going to do the same as he was sitting in it all.

BLECH!!! My stomach is still queasy.

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

okay, you got me laughing on this one! We haven't had the bath tub problem (I don't think...Tony handles baths) -- but Sus did her business in a hotel kiddie swimming pool. Here I was ticked off cuz some KID pooped in the pool so my kids couldn't use it....then she asked to be wiped. Ugh!!!! I did call the front desk to tell 'em some kid messed the kiddie pool...but didn't tell 'em it was mine!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Ewwwww! I had to laugh, though... sorry. It's only a matter of time. I hope you took pictures because about First Date time would be a good time to bring those puppies back out...

Anonymous said...

I really cracked up at that! Maybe you better put a stool (yeah, play on words for you medical people) in the tub for Christopher to climb out to go the the toilet! Just think of all the liquid waste in the tub...and in the public swimming pools! Talk aout puke!.....BTW, not so bad when a kid does this, try dealing with confused elderly doing the same.

GramS said...

Mar, this was so funny!
Tell him next time that the tub doesn't flush, only the toilet does. Maybe that will help.
Thanks to Fred for doing his duty in the bathroom (yea, pardon that pun, too, if anyone uses those words) in helping clean it all up.

liz said...

Sorry, but....YUK!