Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ten Years

Yesterday Fred and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I wanted to post a picture of our wedding, but ten years ago, we didn't have a digital camera so I don't have any stored on our computer to share with you. Our scanner has been dead for some time now, so we don't have that available to share a picture either. Oh well. That's probably ok because if you saw a picture of us then, it would make us look quite aged right now! Just use your imagination, ok?

Here are a few of my thankful thoughts from the past ten years:
* I have been given a godly husband
* Fred and I have become best friends
* We have learned to have the same tastes in a lot of things (except spicy foods, but I don't think that will ever change)
* I actually enjoy living in Canada now
* Our personalities have balanced us out over the years
* We enjoy our family tremendously
* I love having a tech-savvy man for a husband (so that I don't have to waste my brain space on things like this!)
* I trust my husband
* I have fun with Fred
* Fred tolerates some of my weaknesses (like not always having a clean house)
* We enjoy our ministries together
* We have the same spiritual beliefs and goals
* Our families have given us solid backgrounds on which we are building our own family
* I'm confident in the security of our marriage...it's for life!
* I love Fred!

Happy 10th Anniversary, Honey! It's been ten years of ups and downs, scary times and wonderful times. After all this time, it is still evident that God put the two of us together and is blessing our relationship. He is using us for His work and I'm thankful to be your partner in it all! I'm looking forward to the next ten years with you! I love you!

4 comments:

heidiannie said...

Congratulations, Martha and Fred.
This is Luke and Willow's tenth year together- it seems to have gone so quickly but also like it has always been, as well!
I like your tribute to Fred- mainly based in the spiritual aspect of your lives together and in the growth of co-mingled tastes and choices.
I wish you many more years of love and growth and happiness! This year Frank and I have been together 34 years!

liz said...

Happy anniversary! I love who you've become together (and I love the little guys who've come from your realtionship!).

Jenny said...

Congratulations:) Reading your blog was so moving... Chris and I are really happy for you. Isn't it wonderful what God can do?

a.peg said...

Congratulations to you and Fred. You are a very special couple to us. It is very evident that God has blessed you both abundantly, and continues to do so! You're a great team! He is honored by your relationship together with Him.
Uncle George commented to U.Endre in our reception line: "If you think you love her now, just wait until you've been married 25 years!" We wondered what he meant...and found out. Even more love at 40+ years! Doesn't seem possible, but it is.