Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday's Thanksgivings

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband! He has been wonderful about taking care of the boys last night and today while I was busy with my Watkins events. Last night he took them to Oma's house for supper and then stayed to let them play until it was time to come home for bed. Whew! I don't know if he'll ever realize what a blessing that was for me to have them occupied somewhere else for a few hours last night! Today I had a Watkins table set up at Cambridge Christian School's bazaar and he brought the boys (AND a bunch of things that I had forgotten since I had to leave the house at 7:30 this morning in a brain fog!) and let them play some of the games and eat a hot dog and french fries and run around with their cousins for a bit. By the time I got home this afternoon, Christopher was down for his nap, the other boys were playing quietly and the house was in pretty good shape!! My husband was wonderful this weekend! (Now, I forgot to tell him that I have a Sunday School teacher's meeting tomorrow afternoon and he'll have to entertain the kids alone again.)

I am also thankful for the example that my parents and grandparents were to me. Ok, you all think this is going to be super serious and mushy, but I have to be honest and say that the example that I am thankful for today is the example of their gift of conversation!! Yes, my mom, the WalMart greeter and my grandpa, the man everyone knew, were great examples to me! This morning as I was talking with customers at my table, I realized how freely I could just chat about anything with anyone! This is definitely because of the example of those influential people in my life.

I'm also thankful for our fireplace tonight. We haven't wanted to turn on the furnace just yet (it's ONLY November 8!!), but it's cold in here tonight! Our fireplace is burning beautifully and it's so cozy and warm. It's especially comforting because it's been rainy and drizzly all afternoon.

4 comments:

heidiannie said...

I love fireplaces in the late fall and winter! I like the rest of the house cool as long as I have one cozy room to relax in during the evening !

I'm glad Fred takes the kids without complaint. and the boys get the best deal because they have both mom and dad to rely on!

Anonymous said...

So glad you appreciate your husband! After a few afternoons/evenings with 3 active boys I'm sure he really appreciates you, also.
God really knows who to put together as a family, doesn't He.
As for the gift of gab, have you ever met a Pavkov that couldn't?
Love to all of you.

GramS said...

Larengitis (sp?) kept me from doing too much talking this week, but I probably would have gotten over it much sooner if I DID keep my mouth shut more! No sore throat, just couldn't get all those words out that I wanted to spill out. Couldn't sing, either, and what a bummer that is!

Karen said...

Oscar would have found some humor in that gramschley...what? not able to talk?