Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday's Thankfulness

I'm thankful for other people's blogs. I really enjoy reading about my sisters' lives and my aunt and my cousins and my childhood friend and others. What a great time in history that we live in! Could you imagine how much closer our forefathers would have been if they had been exposed to email and blogs and Facebook and IM and texting and all that stuff? I just love it, and I'm thankful that I can communicate with my family on such a regular and inexpensive basis this way! I miss being with them all personally, but I love catching up on here!

This morning, Timothy reminded me that we can be thankful for the pouring rain because that means that we get to use our umbrellas. Hmmm. Good point. What's the use of having an umbrella if we can't use it?

I'm thankful for my neighbor, Kelly. I am expecting a large Watkins order and I had hoped it would be here today as I will be gone for the next few days. I didn't want to leave the boxes sitting on my porch, so Kelly offered to stop by and take them home with her if she sees them here tomorrow after we leave. She's so sweet. She has three little girls, so our households are completely different, but we get along great and don't let those opposite-gendered offspring keep us from spending time together. I believe God has brought Kelly into my life because she is going through a lot of difficult times and she is searching for something. She doesn't know yet that it's God, but I can tell, and I'm thankful for all the hard questions that she throws my way, and I'm even more thankful for the answers the Holy Spirit gives to me at just the right time! Pray for Kelly. She is asking and seeking, and she needs to come all the way to the knocking stage because the door will be opened if she does!

3 comments:

heidiannie said...

I agree with Timothy- we need to be thankful for every opportunity to use our umbrellas- especially if they are cool umbrellas with fish or clouds on them!

I'm praying for your neighbor, Martha! My neighbor's are almost all senior citizens- we have a geriatric kind of ministry going on- just helping them and praying for them.

Anonymous said...

The simple thanksgivings of a child are so precious. I remember when one of our kids thanked God for our spoons because we couldn't eat our Jello with forks! And immediately I felt ashamed because I con't ever remember thanking God for my spoon.(Also for the cookoo clock (that "cookooed" during their prayer) that reminds us not to be late for church!) It sure gave me a different perspective on thankfulness! We'll keepy ou and your neighbor in our prayers. Thankful you are there for her. (And God will give you the opportunities and the right words that she needs.

liz said...

Praying for Kelly! And rain!