Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks on Monday

Today I'm thankful for my dental hygenist and my dentist. They did a wonderful job of cleaning my teeth and talking to me while their hands were in my mouth. Why do they ask me questions when they KNOW I can't answer them?! It drives me nuts because I really do want to respond, but by the time I have my mouth back under my control, they've already moved on to another subject! I feel so unfinished when I leave the dentist, but oh, so clean and fresh and ready to go! Our dentist office has a very laid back staff and atmosphere. The ladies behind the desk know us all by first name and comment on how much the boys have grown and ask how things are going with my mother-in-law taking so much care of my father-in-law now. It's kind of nice. So I'm thankful for our dentist.

I'm thankful that we still have dental insurance, too! Unfortunately, I have to have another filling replaced because my old ones have loosened. I'm NOT thankful for that, but I'm thankful that our insurance is still intact for me to be able to fix this now!

I'm thankful for Hebrews 12:1-3. "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, (2) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (3) For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds." These verses have been ringing in my mind all day. What an encouragement that there are so many brothers and sisters out there surrounding us, encouraging us to run our races without any extra baggage, encouraging us to keep our eyes on Jesus because His race was much more difficult than ours could ever be! He endured the cross! But look where He is now! He's at the right hand of the throne of God! What encouragement! Look to Jesus. Look to Jesus. Look to Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those verses! And just think of all the prayers that surrounded us from those who have gone on to their rewards in heaven. Where would we be without them! And what a responsibility we have toward others who love the Lord!
PS The DDS chair is certainly NOT my favorite place to be...ever!

LindaSue said...

yikes! Don't even MENTION the dentist! I went a few weeks back (before surgery) and found out I have two cracked teeth, several loose filling, etc. No WONDER my mouth has been bothering me! I need three crowns, too, yiii! All said, when the work is all done, it's gonna be over $5000! And we don't have dental insurance....

liz said...

Clean teeth are one of my favorite things EVER!