Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful Saturday

I am thankful for a 5 year-old's reasoning. Stephen told us last night as we were shivering in the cold van, "I know what the perfect season is for the middle of winter! SUMMER!" How brilliant is that?!

I'm thankful that Fred realizes the importance of spending time one on one with his kids. This morning Timothy and I went out to the store together and this afternoon Fred took Stephen. They went all over the place, but the highlight of Stephen's day with Daddy was definitely the surprise trip to the glow-in-the-dark indoor (obviously!) mini golf place! Stephen has been telling us for weeks that his favorite sport is golf and now he finally got to play on a real, authentic mini golf course with Daddy! We have pictures ... but they're on the camera. Some day I might post them. Fred is a wonderful father to his sons and I'm very thankful for him!

I'm thankful that even though some of this week's meetings with the company that purchased our business did not go well, actually, they were almost the opposite of what we were hoping for, we still know that God is in control of the whole situation! God has plans for us. He's been fine tuning them all along. All of these changes are scary and exciting at the same time. I'm thankful that most of the time we are able to just sit back and watch what God is doing and the times that we get a little scared about what's happening are not too intense. Sure, they are there! No question about that, but God has filled His Word with so many precious promises and words to strengthen us. We cling to those and I'm thankful that those strongholds are there for us!

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

the golf thing is great! I remember the first (so far only) time we took the kids == I don't know WHO had more fun!

liz said...

We're still praying about Fred's work situation. And very cool about the computer!

Anonymous said...

Mar, read the verses to # 399 in the Gospel Hymnal "He Holds the Key (of all unknown)". It says it all!
I'm thannkful that GOd never closes a door in our lives without opening a bigger and better door (opportunity) for us...in His time. We're praying for you, and am thankful that God is still in control.

Karen said...

I thought I was going to die of all the pressures, discouragement, changes and faith that we had to experience this past month. I don't see the end of the tunnel, yet, but I'm beginning to believe...once again...that there IS one! Roger got through the IMPOSSIBLE in October so...yea...there IS a way out.

GramS said...

in answer to Stephen's comment, Karen would love for you to "warm up" with them right now. Wait till he realizes that there is summer and winter at the same time, just different places.

I'm thankful for your outlook, and your dependence on your life's Planner. He never gives us more than we can handle. WCRF was just playing "the Potter's Hand" by Shonda Peirce. Good timing. Good thoughts. Good encouragement. Good prayer.

We're keeping you in our prayers!