Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful on Wednesday

I'm thankful for my clean kitchen floor. My socks aren't sticking to it any more. Christopher isn't stopping to poke his fingers in an unidentifiable blob. Fred's not pausing to look around to see what crunched when he walked through. Stephen and Timothy aren't running up to the rug under the table to wipe the crumbs off their feet. I know. This is all so pathetic to post on here so publickly, but come on! Don't try to pretend that you've NEVER had your kitchen floor this bad either! No need to confess here. I'm just commenting that I'm very thankful for my clean kitchen floor. It should be clean for about nine consecutive hours before it gets trashed again.

I'm thankful that our school has such an open door policy for parents' involvement. Tomorrow I am going to Timothy's class and he is thrilled beyond words that I'm coming to watch him work and play and eat, he said. Timothy's teacher is a sweet, super-organized woman that LOVES teaching kindergarten! I never, ever have to wonder what's going on in that classroom because she communicates with us parents so thoroughly. I am thankful for her and for our school.

I'm thankful for the prayers of others. We really do appreciate the prayers of everyone this past week. We have been in a lot of turmoil because of the work situation and some of the events that have come up in the past few weeks. It's been difficult to separate worry and trust because of the complexity of events that have taken place, but the prayers of other brothers and sisters are felt so clearly in our lives this week with another wave of peace and I am so thankful for those prayers! How can I pray for you, now?

6 comments:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

My floor was officially NOT GROSS from 10p last night until 8a this morning. Now it is gross again. Sigh... But for those few hours, **I** knew it was not gross and that's all that mattered LOL

LindaSue said...

oh, my floor is usually bad, too, but I TRY to clean up at least the big blobs :) That is one of the best acts of love/service someone can show me...clean my floor for me!

TIMOTHY is in kindergarden?

Anonymous said...

Isn't it norma to have a kitchen floor that needs cleaned? Actually once we had a carpeted kitchen floor when the kids were all under 7 years old...there just was NO WAY anybody could convince me the floor was clean!
But, once you scrub your floor, there such a satisfaction knowing it's clean. (Yeah, I gotta scrub mine tomorrow since my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are coming from CA.and they've not been to our new home yet! Then I have to dust, too. Oh, well, I'm thankful I have a floor to clean and things to dust.

liz said...

I found one of our guests picking something off his sock after dinner today...

GramS said...

Remember on the refrigerator, that cartoon I had of the kids sitting at the kitchen table doing homework, then one plopped his head down onto the table, and the next picture showed him hollering for MOM because he couldn't get his head off the table,it was stuck? Yea, we all go through that...even with only 2 people in the house. Those clean overnights made me sleep better :)

LindaSue said...

my kids overnights are clean when they go to bed but not usually in the morning....