Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's Thanksgiving

1. I'm thankful for my friends and neighbors who are helping me get ready for my Watkins/Cookie Kitchen open house tomorrow night! We've invited the neighborhood and friends, and friend's friends, etc, etc. Sounds like we'll have a nice crowd here tomorrow night, and for that reason, I'm thankful for the help! We're also having a table for my friends' business, postScript. They custom design address labels that are super classy! I also have another friend who will be setting up a Tupperware table, so you see that I needed help to get things ready! It seems like I just get one area of the house cleaned and ready and one of the three anti-helpers (as my cousin, Mark, calls his son) comes in to do his thing. Tomorrow is also a PD day (professional development) for the teachers so there is no school. The open house starts at 4:00 and that means the boys will be here allllll day! Normally I wouldn't mind that except that there are a lot of things already set up for tomorrow night. My wonderful neighbor has invited the big boys over for a play date during Christopher's nap time so that I can put everything back into order again before 4:00. She's wonderful!

2. I love the sounds of a train-loving two-year-old. Woooohoooo! Choochoochoochoochoo! Ding Ding Ding Ding! Where's Thomif? Where's Thomif? Oh. There is! Woooohooo! (Now, picture a little boy also running around with a big Thomas face made out of cardboard and elastic around his waist. You now see what I am thankful for!)

3. I'm thankful for being physically able to have fun with my kids. This afternoon after school we had a great time in the living room. I had moved out a lot of the furniture in preparation of the open house so we had LOTS of room to play! We played London Bridge and Ring Around the Rosie and Pickle Pops (remember that, Mom and Dad?), Log Roll where one person lays on the floor and everyone else has to roll over them. We just did a bunch of playing and laughing and having fun! I'm thankful that even at my age I can get down on the floor and have a blast physically with my kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers. (Today (Friday) also happens to be "Pray for Martha and Fred (and Thad Gruich) on Grandpa's Prayer calendar.)Good scheduling!
Love you all

Anonymous said...

I am thankful with you for all of those things! I hope your open house is a great success!

love, heidi

liz said...

I had forgotten about Pickle Pops!