Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful Monday

I'm thankful for the beautiful snow we woke up to this morning. Once again around 7:05am, Timothy was fully dressed and ready to go shovel the driveway. I made him wait until after breakfast, but he was out there and shoveling and sledding for most of the morning. I wish I had a video clip of him blazing his tobogganing trail down the hill and then his squeals of laughter and enjoyment when he'd get to the bottom! It was so much fun to watch him!

I am thankful that a missionary family canceled out on going to Claudia's house this past weekend because that meant that she had a ton of food that she needed to share with someone else. WE were the chosen family and we had a wonderful time there tonight with Oma, Opa, Evelyn, Esther, Wolfgang, Kelly, Henry and all the little cousins. It was so nice not to have to think about cooking tonight!

I'm thankful for Christopher's two-year-old pronunciation because it always brings a smile to our faces (and sometimes some real belly laughs, too)! On the way home from Claudia's tonight, we were counting "ki-mis vites." Know what that is? Here's a hint: people put them on their houses around Christmas time and it just brightens up a house with beautiful colors! No matter how many times the boys would repeat, "No, Christopher! It's CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!" he'd still say, "ki-mis vites?" with that little voice inflection that indicates a question. What a cutie!

5 comments:

heidiannie said...

Enjoy the snow for me! I'm gong to miss the first few weeks of winter. Although I was trying to figure out a way to take Meredith a snowball!

liz said...

I remember one of Taylor's first words in response to Christmas lights: "WOW!".

And we are going out to eat tonight for Joe's birthday. So I'm not cooking and I feel like I have a day off (I do need to precook some potatoes for tomorrows supper, though...)

Karen said...

Edson says...wooooooohhoooo

GramS said...

I'm so glad you can enjoy a Canadian Christmas, or at least one that could be snowy. It still doesn't seem like Christmas with lights on a cactus, or even sweating at 95 degrees...you get the picture.
I have G & G's little ceramic tree from Greta lit up on my table already.

Anonymous said...

It's such a joy to see things we take for granted through the eyes of a child and hear their original expressions! What a blessing, and I know you are enjoying it.