Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Teens

I'm so impressed with the teens here at the school and at church. I questioned their behavior and asked if it was a common Paraguayan behavior, or if it was just the kids here at church. I was assured that it is common for Paraguayans. The teenagers here almost always come up to me and shake my hand (the guys) or greet me with a kiss (the girls), even if they don't know me. I see the guys when they come to school. They stretch out their hands and greet each other even when they see each other every day at school! I'm impressed at the respect that most of the teenagers have toward the adults. I know that some of you who have experienced something different would argue this point, but admit it! In general, most of these teens are quite polite toward adults and their peers.

(As I write this, the teens in this house, which include a guest tonight, are getting in trouble for eating up all the little boys' snacks that they are supposed to take to school this week. But really, they are GOOD kids!!!)

1 comment:

a.peg said...

rather refreshing to see teens who are (at times, I'm sure) being respectful. I love to watch their faces when I comment how thankful I am that they are acting like their parents tught them to act.