Thursday, April 30, 2009

Calling All Farm Experts!

Ok all you farmers or other knowledgeable people out there ... can you please explain to me why these roosters around here insist on crowing all night long?! I thought that roosters crowed just before dawn, or is that just some fable as to why they crow? I need answers so that I can forgive them for keeping me awake night after night.

I really need to get some sleep tonight. I'm fighting another massive headache and I think it's from lack of sleep (those silly roosters and their friends, the roaming neighborhood dogs), being out in the heat all day today and not enough water. Tomorrow morning we're leaving for San Pedro. It'll be about a 4-5 hour drive and I really don't want to be tired or sick on the way.

BE QUIET ROOSTERS!!!! I'm not interrupting YOUR sleep right now, so please, don't interrupt mine! Thank you kindly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No answer for the roosters. They do the same here. Add our dog barking when the crow...Anyway, my recommendation is drink more water and some rehydration drink than you think you need. Better to err or the side of frequent "pit stops" than the headaches and dehydration.

GramS said...

Lack of sleep can't possibly be that you and your sister keep thinking of more things to say after you say goodnight???
I'm sure the roosters' relatves all live in San Pedro, so be prepared. (and that IS possible. I saw them ride the bus when I was there. Ask K & O) Maybe Abuela will make soup or fried chicken out of a couple of them for you. You'll get your revenge. :)

Jenny R. said...

We had the same problem with roosters in PR. We got used to hearing them, but guests would come to visit and be totally anoyed with them. Some one asked if he could make soup with our rooster!

a.peg said...

It's obvius. Roosters can't tell time, so how do they know when morning comes?
Just one of the many reasons I never liked them...besides roosters pecked me when I was little...so they make good chicken soup!