Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lost Opportunity

Bummer. I missed my window of opportunity to take a shower tonight. The water is now off for awhile and I have to go to bed. I'm not sure I really want to take a freezing cold shower at 5:30 in the morning, but it looks like I have no choice now. Once again ... I have no control! Ha ha.

How about a few little funnies? Stephen is getting a bit upset with all the "creepy crawlies" that come into the buildings here. There are no screens and doors and windows are open all the time, thus letting the creepy crawlies enter and wander at their leisure. Poor Nancy had an army of ants invade her room AND her bed yesterday! Good thing she noticed it before bedtime because those little buggers can BITE! I found that out when one dropped down my shirt last night and then slipped down into my underwear. (Sorry for the details, but you need to understand so that I can justify my discomfort!) I was the butt of the jokes (sorry again) as everyone made fun of the ants in my pants. I don't think anyone will let me live this one down.

Christopher threw a ball to me this afternoon and said, "Mommy, fetch!" I think he's been spending too much time with Sasha, the dog.

The boys have a favorite toy here ... a Playskool computer. All four little boys fight over it. Tonight I noticed that our dirty clothes bin was full so I was going to throw in a load of wash. At the bottom of the bin, I found that someone had hidden that computer toy under all the dirty clothes because he didn't want anyone to find it. No wonder my bin got so full so fast! My clothes are now draped all over the house because our neighbor is once again burning SOMETHING in his yard and ashes and smoke will get all over my wet clothes if I hang them out tonight. We're all going to smell like the sweet smoke of Paraguay when we come home!

1 comment:

GramS said...

Had to laugh at the "fetch" comment. Was that Spanish or English? Are they catching on without Mr. Wallace's help?

Your descriptiions of sights, sounds, air quality, hanging clothes inside is quite accurate.

Hope you have time to blog each day. Looking forward to it.

Love you all! Mom