Friday, January 25, 2008

We Got A Dog!!

Actually, we just got a dog for the day. Or rather, we just had him for the morning. By the afternoon, he was tired of being around, so he was dismantled.




Today was Character Day at school. Stephen dressed up as Clifford, the Big Red Dog. He was so excited before school as he put on his red outfit, slipped his dog tag over his neck, adjusted his ears and attached his tail. He was crawling all over the house barking at everyone until I reminded him that Clifford was a very thoughtful dog and he did a lot of things to help his friend, Emily Elizabeth, and her family.

We enjoyed creating Clifford this week. Stephen enjoyed being a dog and the other boys enjoyed having a pet. This is as far as we'll get in owning a real dog. (I hope I don't have to eat my words some day because I really, really don't want a real dog!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I laughed hilariously at the thought of you getting a dog when I saw the title of your blog... laughed even harder when I saw the "dog," and the kicker was your last line....

GramS said...

When I read this title to Dad, he came running to the computer to hear about it. We got a good laugh out of your story!
Good job, Stephen, in entertaining so many people as Clifford. Where did you get your costume?
Love you all! Gram

Anonymous said...

Clifford is my kind of dog! Yes, you may have to eat your words someday about getting a dog. I didn't mind an outdoor dog, but when the kids begged to bring the dog inside, I remarked, either the dog lives in the house or I do. They voted for the dog. (I ate my words, too) I decided if the dog lived in the house, I had to be there to make sure the house stayed intact. Amazingly, it did...so did I. AND I grew to love the dogs (yes, 3 of them, and not the Clifford type, either). Actually, having an inside dog now wouldn't be so bad either.