Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Testimonial

For those of you not interested in reading about Watkins, sorry, but I just have to post this today! Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day according to Flylady.com. This is the day you are supposed to do something that you keep putting off and just get it done already! I decided to tackle some spots on the carpet in the boys' room. No one seems to remember what it's from, but it's black. Very black. Very penetrated. Very un-removable. (Poor grammer, I know, but I want to prove a point.) I have tried all kinds of things on those black, greasy, thick spots, but they did not move, except to smear with each attempt to remove them. I very hesitantly pulled out my Watkins All-Purpose Cleaner (Lavendar scent!! Mmmmmm.) and thought "I've tried everything else. I'll see if these Watkins-loving people are telling the truth about this stuff working on spots in the carpet." I was grumbling to myself the whole time because I KNEW it wouldn't work! How could a plant-based, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaner made out of purified water, coconut-based surfactant, and lavendar and rosemary oils do any good on my light beige carpet except to smear those spots even more!

Well, I wish I would have taken before and after pictures! Honestly, truly, I can't believe it, but those spots are GONE! I sprayed it on, gave it a minute or two ... just in case it needed it ... and rubbed those spots right up! You cannot see them anymore! What an eyesore before, and now you would never know that there were huge black blobs on that floor! I couldn't believe it! I'm telling you guys the truth! It really, really worked!

I was on such a lavendar-scented roll that I pulled out the window cleaner and went around the house and did all the windows and mirrors, too! Again, that window cleaner, used with skepticism at first, has become a miracle-cleaner for me! All of our closet doors are mirrors so I see smeary fingerprints all over the place all the time! This stuff (also made with the same ingredients) does not smear, it leaves no residue and it makes the house smell heavenly!

If any of you local readers ever want to try these out, you are more than welcome to borrow my stuff just to see. You have to promise to give it back, though, because now I would be lost without it! Seriously, you won't believe it until you try it!

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

I love it! I've been hesitant to try it on my carpets for the same reason...it obviously can't bleach out the carpet...there are no chemicals. But I have play dough embedded in our carpet and food stains where the kids mats didn't catch everything. Now I GOTTA try this stuff on my carpets (lemon-scented, yum!)