Monday, January 21, 2008

The Cookie Kitchen Lives On!

Can you believe it?! I got a call today from a woman up the street who purchased some Christmas cookies from The Cookie Kitchen and she asked if we would be interested in baking cookies for her family on a regular basis! Unbelievable! She is probably in her early 50's and confessed to me that she never baked a cookie in her life ... she wouldn't even have a clue how to do it! Marianne told me that her husband has been begging her to call me and see if they could buy cookies every month from us, or did they have to wait until next Christmas. I told her that we would be happy to bake for her, and wondered if she and her family would mind being a "test" family for us. We have been wanting to experiment on some of the cookies to make some changes or possibly add some new ones, and what a perfect way to try them out on the general public!

So, The Cookie Kitchen is back in business after a month's vacation! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Lord! Just this afternoon I was talking with my sister-in-law about Fred's brother Henry's wedding coming up in July in Vancouver, BC. We were talking about how expensive it's going to be to fly there, rent a vehicle, book a hotel, possibly stay the next week to go to Warm Beach Camp, etc. I made the comment that it's getting more and more expensive as we keep thinking about it. She told me that I'd just have to sell more cookies to get us there and I laughed at her, telling her that the cookie business was done until November! And then Marianne called just minutes after I hung up! Now, Marianne's order will NOT fly our family out to BC by a long shot, but I guess God wanted me to know that He's still got plans for us.

Cookies, anyone? We're back in business!

1 comment:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

If any of the fudgey ones don't make the grade, I'd be happy to give them a home :-). The mere thought of homeless fudgey cookies going in the trash makes me sad... I'll help, I promise!