Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Need to be Thankful

Today was not the easiest day to be thankful for me. More junk has shown up regarding Micro-Aid and what should have been a done deal almost two years ago now. Phone calls in the afternoon caused my stomach to churn and my eyes to leak, but I'm thankful that even during this time, God is giving me reasons for thankfulness!

* The boys have NO clue what is going on in the "big" world. They are so trusting of their father, that he will provide for them, that he will fix everything, that they are safe with him. I am thankful that my Father can do all that and more! (If only I didn't understand all the "big" world stuff, though!)
* The support group that we have that is bringing this situation to the Lord in prayer. At the moments that I feel so overwhelmed with it all, a peace will come over me and I KNOW someone just prayed again!
* That all of tomorrow's responsibilities out of the house for Fred and for me are all taking place around the same time and in the same part of town. This sure helps for a one-vehicle household because carpooling tomorrow will be perfect!
* Some of our after school babysitting kids are going to be leaving this week until after Christmas. Ok, I'm just a bit thankful for that because we need a break from them sometimes, but I was wondering how we were going to supplement that income, as it is my grocery money. Well, God provided with another occassional child whose father needs a babysitter for the exact time that the other children will be gone! That's reason for thanks around here!
* For my dishwasher ... enough said, right? Whew! It's a blessing every day!
* For God's mercies that are new every morning. May He grant us many new mercies tomorrow!

5 comments:

a.peg said...

Mar/Fred, you are in our prayers! Keep looking up and remember that God is greater than he that is in this world. He will always provide in HIS time, in His way. We might not see the immediate picture, but some day we will look back on all this with thanksgiving just knowing that HE was and is in control. Keep looking up! We love you all.

GramS said...

Trusting things went so much better today for you. God's mercies are new every day. Just keep watching for those mercies all around you, clouds in the sky, a little voice singing, a single rose blooming this week, time to finish the daily laundry...you know what all they can be.
Love and prayers to you through all of this.

heidiannie said...

His mercies are new every morning... and He will keep you through the darkest night.
Although sometimes is FEELS like the same old, same old, and you are wondering if maybe... well, maybe He has put you on the back burner of the universe.
Just keep on walking in faith- the story isn't over, the day is not done, and God is still in control.
I don't think God wants us to be comfortable- just committed.
You have my prayers as well.

liz said...

Praying for you all

Karen said...

Sometimes when I am overwhelmed by everything, I cover myself up and imagine I am being held by my Father-God. I cry, He holds me, He dries my tears, and then, He helps me get up again. Love Ya!