Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday's Thanksgivings

* That our furnace is working well tonight
* For the friends I've reconnected with on Facebook
* For Christopher's laughter
* The look on Stephen's face when he gets a joke. I told him Grandpa's favorite of being able to knock down a wall. He didn't get it at first, and then his face just beamed with the comprehension of this joke. I love it!
* For my neighbor who invited me over for a wonderful cup of white tea from Steeped Tea today
* For Fred's stability throughout our ongoing storm
* For Christian lawyers
* Fresh, homemade popcorn with Watkins butter salt (all the flavor of REAL butter, but with NONE of the fat!)
* Christmas decorations tastefully displayed
* When my heart just bursts with song and I start belting it out (the boys would NOT put this down as a thanks ... especially Christopher who starts whining, "Stop, Mommy! Stop singing!" He just doesn't appreciate good singing, I guess.)
* My friend's relatively pain-free day!!!
* Praying with my husband

6 comments:

heidiannie said...

All wonderful thanks items- but my favorite is your last one. Praying together with your husband is a bond of strength and hope and love that non-believers never get to know.

I'm afraid there are a lot of believers that neglect this wonderful privilege- so thankful to know that it is there between you and Fred and the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Watkins butter salt for popcorn???? I'll have to try some of that!

-Jenny

liz said...

I may need some butter salt too...

And my kids act like I'm punishing them when I sing.

GramS said...

Gram P was always humming a tune...anywhere she was...and it showed me that "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me!" Keep it up.

liz said...

Mom, I think you should tell about why that song is in your head and who you sang it to.... :)

a.peg said...

Oh, Mar, I like the Watkins butter salt AND the butter!
Praying together with your husband is a wonderful way to start and end your day. Been doing it for 43+ years and it not only works, but doesn't get boring! Creates a closeness that nothing else can.