Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Month of Thankfulness

November is the month of Thanksgiving for Americans. I was gently reminded this morning by my friend that we're almost a week into November now and she misses posts from our family about our thanks. To make up for that, let me give you a list today of MANY things that I am thankful for just now!

* SUNSHINE! Even on a cold day
* My husband who took the boys to a school carnival for the morning
* Music playing in the background (Fernando Ortega, not Wee Sing Sunday School songs)
* My 10 year old Kitchen Aid mixer that was a wedding gift and is humming right now as another batch of cookies is being churned out
* Long distance plans that allowed me to talk with my sister this morning until my phone battery ran out (It wasn't a long conversation. My phone battery gives me about 20 minutes these days. Haha!)
* God's provisions at the perfect moments
*A clean house - I don't have one, but I am thankful for them
* A sense of smell because those gingersnaps are smelling mighty marvelous
* Stephen's love for me. He asked me what prize I wanted from the carnival today because he wants to win me a prize. I told him that if they have chocolate, he can try to win me chocolate.
* Timothy's creativity and all the "books" he's been making me lately (Not thankful for the mess that results from scissors, glue, tape, staples and markers, but I love his drawings!)
* Christopher's infectious laugh and constant conversations with whoever might be listening - or not
* REAL mail that comes in the mailbox with a stamp on it, my name written in a familiar handwriting and a personal note inside the envelope. I haven't gotten one of those for a while, but that's why I'm thankful for them!
* Peace in the midst of a storm
* For my friend who is struggling with extreme difficulties at this time and feels free enough to call me and just cry and beg for prayers
* My thyme that has survived the frosts

6 comments:

GramS said...

You're showing that even with the difficulties, (scissors, scraps, etc), or things not happening, (no snail mail), you can still give thanks. I love it. That's what we're instructed to do anyhow. Give thanks in ALL things. No matter how grey some things in life seem, there's always SOMETHING to be thankful for. Good example of a positive attitude! Thanks for YOU!!! and your reminders to us.

a.peg said...

Re,omds ,e pf Gramd[a/ Wjem asled jpw je was. jos rpitome amswer was
thankful". Not realizing this at the time, I answered "thankful" the other day when someone from out of state called and asked how I was. Upon hearing my answer, he commented that I inheireted a good thing from my dad. It truly was a reminder for me.
Yep, those cookies sure do smell good! Eat some for us.

a.peg said...

Wow! I forgot to proof read my comment! It should say, "Reminds me of Grandpa. When asked how he was, his routine reply was "Thankful".
At least now this doesn't look like I was trying to comment in Hungarian!

liz said...

Aunt Peg, I love your "Hungarian".

Good list, Mar. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful list. I am thankful for you! God bless. Lilly

heidiannie said...

Ok- I'm starting to feel inspired. I'm thankful, just not stretching to
blog about it, yet.
Thankfulness is a spiritual thing that we can offer up without words- Blogging about it requires words and for me- pictures!
Thanks for your list, Martha.