Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday's Thanksgivings

* My wonderful Sunday School class! Those 3rd and 4th graders were sooo attentive today and we had a fantastic discussion about Moses' last words to the Children of Israel before he died. We started out talking about what WE would say to our children if we were fathers and knew that we would be dying soon. Most of the comments were very special and even tear-jerkers, except the second comment out of the blue by a little girl in the second row, "I would say, 'Don't look backwards when you drive.'" Hmmmm????
* Warm, warm, warm weather for November 8!
* The lady at McDonald's that gave us four extra Monopoly pieces tonight because I told her that my kids were hoping there would still be game pieces on a large fry treat.
* The smell of peppermint
* Watching Timothy diffuse a fight today by letting Christopher have the huge truck to play with instead of fighting him for it.
* The security of God's love. Even when our burdens cause us to wonder if God is really there and listening to us, we still KNOW that He is... and that He does love us...and that He does care. And we know that His security is a fact because even when we doubt, He reminds us again with circumstances, through His Word, with the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit, through His children...
* Friends ... for my friends, my husband's friends, my children's friends ... just friends! You know who you are (ALL of you!!)!

3 comments:

a.peg said...

I like your thankfulness. It's the simple things in life that we should be most thankful for...things we take for granted...things that God blesses us with and we accept as "our due". God is so good. I'm also thankful for my family and my extended family like you and your family. Love you all.

heidiannie said...

Wow! I do one subject a post! Your lists are amazing and varied. I like them!
And I'm thankful for you, Martha.

GramS said...

Maybe that girl was with someone when learning to drive, and did just that.
Anyhow, I like your list.
Did the boys win McDonald's Monopoly?