Friday, October 26, 2007

A Few Funnies

I know I've told some of you these stories already, but you've asked me to repeat them on here, so I will. Those of you that have or had little kids can appreciate these types of comments that seem to come out of nowhere from these little people.

About a week ago, Stephen was snuggling in bed with me one morning and he was asking me about my glasses. I put them on his face and told him to see how blurry everything was. I told him that when I don't wear my glasses, that's how everything looks...all blurry. He seemed to accept that and just lay there next to me quietly. Then he said, "But Mommy, you don't wear these when you sleep. Does that mean that your dreams are blurry?"

Yesterday Stephen was telling me that his friend, Diego, speaks Spanish. He said to me, "Mommy, Diego's Spanish is his English."

Then there's Timothy's comments. Sometimes we still don't really understand what he's getting at. He said, "Today is Friday and it's long." When I asked why, he replied, "Because it has stripes on it." ???????????????????? I didn't question any further.

Christopher is a little easier to understand. When we talk to him, he just answers, "Aaaahhhh!" That's his response to everything. Last night we had another little scare with him! Timothy and I had gone out to the garage for JUST A SECOND and Stephen ran to the basement to grab some train tracks to bring back upstairs. From the garage I heard a bunch of things falling down the stairs and I was waiting to hear Stephen's cries of frustration, thinking it was his tracks that were falling down the stairs. Instead, I heard Christopher crying. I ran over to the stairs to see what happened and saw him at the bottom of the stairs with his head down and feet up. He was crying, but seemed to be ok. Fred asked Stephen if he saw what happened and he said, "He just went like this: bounce, bounce, bounce and then his head stopped him." Thank the Lord for guardian angels and resilient boys!

(Once again, I can't add pictures for some reason! I wanted to put on some current pictures of the boys, but I guess you'll just have to come visit in order to see them! Hint Hint!)

No comments: