Thursday, October 18, 2007

41 Reasons

Today I am sharing 41 reasons why I am thankful. This is inspired by Liz's posts the last few days and because today I am 41. These are in no particular order because they are all important to me!

1. For my mom and dad, without whom there would be no me!
2. For Liz, Karen, Roger and Dianne. They have helped me become who I am today.
3. For Fred, my best friend!
4. Stephen
5. Timothy
6. Christopher
7. My Heavenly Father
8. Friends that I can have gut-laughs with
9. E-mail
10. Friends who made me a birthday cake today "because no one should have to make their own birthday cake!"
11. Hearing my boys sing Happy Birthday to me!
12. Autumn
13. Stick shift cars (I love that control!)
14. Music to listen to
15. Chocolate in any form
16. The ability to travel
17. The exhilarating feeling during a fast-paced walk in the fall
18. My grandparents' legacy
19. Good hair days
20. When the boys surprise me with their obedience and cooperation in public
21. Hand-me-downs
22. Memory verses that are recalled at just the right time
23. My garden
24. Watching a child's face when he is surprised
25. Hearing the news of a new baby's arrival
26. The Backspace key
27. Finding a great deal
28. Skype
29. Going to bed with the kitchen clean
30. Waking up to a clean kitchen
31. Coffee with just the right amount of cream and sugar
32. Coffee shared with a friend
33. Old photographs
34. Giving someone a hug when they really need it
35. Receiving a piece of REAL snail mail
36. Snuggling with my kids at bedtime
37. Taste of Home Magazine
38. Hearing compliments on my meals from my family
39. Surprise flowers
40. The blessing of making someone's day in some way
41. Quiet

8 comments:

Karen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hey, I am also thankful for skype...why don't we get connected someday?

liz said...

Happy birthday. Hope your day is great. And if it isn't, I hope tomorrow is!

liz said...

Great list, by the way!

AJS said...

Happy Birthday -
Forty-one
Is a lot of FUN!
Love you,
Annette

Unknown said...

Selamat ulang tahun, kakak. Kami mendoa kepada Tuhan Yesus atas kesehatannya dan kami terima kasih untuk keluarga kami yang baik.

Salam,
Adik

Martha said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. Speak my language next time, brother! :)

Peg Toth said...

As usual, October is almost over and I again forgot that the majority of the Schley kids have Oct. birthdays. So, even though it's belated, here's a BIG BELATED BIRTHDAY BLESSING for you (and all the rest of the Oct. Schley's, Liz, Dianne, Roger, even your parents' and Joe and Liz' anniversaries!
Good thing about blessings, we can always use them whenever they come, not just on special days. Love your blog!
A. Peg and U. Endre

liz said...

this is laurel,

hey uncle roger do you think that some time you can translate that for us non indonisian speakers please?