Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Discover Watkins With Me!

Well, I did something this past week that I never dreamed of doing before. I became an Independent Watkins Associate! What's that, you ask? Check out my website! http://www.watkinsonline.com/mjweinhardt/ I even have my own website!

The J.R. Watkins company of quality products was established in 1868 as a company that provided natural, botanical-based products focused mostly on medicinal means like salves and ointments and creams, but it has expanded from there over the years to also provide products for gourmet foods (spices, mixes, extracts), home care (chemical-free cleaners, soaps, detergents), apothecary items (Do you like that word? It's items such as liniments, salves, cough medicines, tonics.), health care items (shea butters, lip balm, hand salves, shampoos, etc). There are so many products that Watkins provides, and the interesting thing is that they are definitely quality products many of which have survived since the company first started providing them in the mid-1800's!

I am just beginning to discover all the products that are available and since most of you are my family and close friends (with a few lurkers who haven't made themselves known yet! :), I hope you don't mind if I share some of my discoveries with you as I go. If you are already familiar with Watkins products, please post comments about the ones you use and love! I would love to hear from you! Watch for future posts that tell you about my discoveries!

Please browse my Watkins website and tell me what you think. Poke around. Ask questions. Of course feel free to become a customer. :) The exciting thing for me is that even though I live in Canada, I am still able to help my US friends and family by providing a US catalog on the website. Just make sure you click on US or CANADA Catalog to get the correct one for your country.

Along with reading all my information about Watkins, I would also like to ask you to pray for me as I start this endeavor. I simply want to be able to help out with our family's finances while still being here for my kids. I'm not trying to get rich on this, but I do want to be able to take some of the financial stress off of Fred and still manage our home at the same time. Please pray for me! Thanks!

I'll tell you about the Double Strength Vanilla that I've come to love in the next post! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

Mar, what a great write-up! You summed everything up fantastically :) Watkins is awesome, and it's so fun when someone else discovers the quality of products as well as how much it saves you money compared to "main-stream" products. And the new cleaners, wow! The new all-purpose wipes are one of my favorites as a mom, especially since they're gentle enough to clean kids' faces and hands (or messy diapers) and strong enough to clean the bathroom. And the baked potato soup that is out just through the end of the year is really yummy! Can't wait to read your experiences with the DS vanilla (and it's on SALE through November!).

liz said...

Yes, I'm interested in the tesimonials, too. Keep writing!

Martha said...

Is it kosher to write my own testimonial? Maybe I'll write more on this later, but I have the Menthol Lavendar Breathe Easy Drops that have been wonderful these past few days! We are all stuffed up around here and every night I've been putting a few drops on our pillows and that menthol just opens everything up! It doesn't cure this nasty cold, but it sure helps all of us fall asleep better!

LindaSue said...

okay, if you're hesitant about writing your own testimonial, I'll do one for you.... Breathe Easy Drops (Menthol Lavendar) is a GREAT way to keep the sinuses clear...and unless someone has a medical condition, it'll stop snoring, too. I guarantee it. It worked in our household (with my honey). My mom said it worked on my dad, too. A drop or two on the pillow case or on a hanky kept near your nose will stop the snoring all night long!

Peg Toth said...

Grandpa used to sell Watkins products as a young boy. He'd have stories to tell you for testimonials if he were still with us. (We like Watkins, too)