Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Way Too Tired

When you are overtired, you say ridiculous things. Last night was one of those times for me. About 1:30am, I heard Stephen telling me that he had a dream that was too scary and he needed to sleep with me. I KNOW that I told him to go back to his bed because it was only a dream, blah, blah, blah.

The next thing I knew, he had climbed into bed between Fred and me and made himself cozy. Because he never does this, I guess I just figured it must have been a really bad dream. I don't know what I really thought because I wasn't really coherent at all!

Every twenty minutes or so, Stephen would comment to me about something else in our room that was scary to him: the things spinning around (I think that's what he said), the lights on the wall, the mirror, etc. Finally, he made some ridiculous comment that made me say out loud, "Stephen, there are NO scary things in this room! Jesus is in here and there's nothing scary! Now, if you see one more scary thing, then just open the oven door! ....... What?!?! Did I just say to open the oven door?! SEE?! I'm way too tired to be talking to you right now, so be quiet and let me sleep!" We both cracked up, he turned over and finally fell asleep. Whew!

I think I made too many cookies yesterday.

4 comments:

LindaSue said...

Mar, don't you remember some of the ridiculous things said when we'd all have sleep overs? Although I think it was LIZ that came up with some of the funniest!

liz said...

Thankfully, Joe makes me stop talking and go to sleep when I stop making sense (these days they are really weird prayers, which is the downside of praying lying down in sleep position...).

LindaSue said...

but Liz, you always said the funniest things AFTER you were asleep!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that others do this! My sons would keep talking to me after I fell asleep just to laugh at the ridiculous things I would say!