Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dianne!


Today is my sister Dianne's birthday. Dianne doesn't read my blog, but I'm going to write about her anyway. We've done our share of teasing Dianne growing up. She was (is) the baby. She was (is) cute. She deserved our teasing. But we also loved her! We spoiled her and showed her off to our friends. She was (is) very special to us. I think that now more than ever I am appreciative of Dianne because of the stage of life we are in. Dianne has two cutie pie girls. Lily just turned 5 yesterday and Maci is 2. We love them because they are fun girls! Because Dianne and I are both in the same stage of mommyhood, we can relate to each other very well these days! Our nine year age difference isn't so noticable as it was when we were growing up. I actually ask Dianne for advice now, too!


My prayer for Dianne is that she would continue to be the wonderful mother that she is to Lily and Maci, that she would continue to raise them to love the Lord as she and Gabe do. I also pray that she and Gabe would continue to be used by the Lord to reach out to their friends and minister to their needs in their home and with their friendship. I pray that Dianne would grow even closer to the Lord so that she will be used more and more by Him for His kingdom.


I love you, Dianne, and even though you don't read my blog, you deserve to be honored on here today!

2 comments:

liz said...

Man, they're so good looking!

heidiannie said...

This tribute stuff is nice. But when you are done in October - you should do one every month! Because you do them so well! Sorry about the abrupt break there- I'm jumping all over the place today!