Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Aunt Is the Best!

It pays to comment on blogs. I say this because in many ways, some good conversations can be started when different readers comment on a blog that they have just read. Sometimes there are funny dialogs, sometimes some incredibly serious chains of comments, but it's always interesting to have this conference-type of communication going on through cyber-space.

A long, long time ago, I commented on a blog post from my dear aunt on her blog "Steps on the Journey." To be honest, I had forgotten about it, but she didn't! See, Aunt Heidi was desperate for commenters on her blog, so she decided to run a contest: Commenters (is that a word?) on the past and next week will get either a whole wheat bread bear or a lavender package, including a lavender wand and a packet of dried lavender with recipes for cookies. Due to gas prices and mailing costs- the bread bears are just for those in a 20 mile radius .Hah! Hah!- and again I say HAH! I am so Not doing this! It makes me feel false and sad and pathetic. And tired- might I add - because I just finished writing the next post and it is 3:45 on Sunday morning, July20 th and the thought of sending anything anywhere is exhausting just to contemplate- although I am too tired to contemplate - I'm just going to start making lists and checking them twice. No- that's Santa.Ok- if you comment a lot in the immediate future and I don't have to go to the post office to get it to you- I will make you a bread bear or something. BECAUSE I AM kind of sad and pathetic.

Well, I wasn't thinking of Aunt Heidi being sad or pathetic. I was just disappointed because I hadn't read her blog until five days after she posted and I lost her contest! Besides, I am definitely not within a 20 mile radius, so I knew it was a lost cause to win her contest, although I really wanted that whole wheat bread bear she was offering! So I went ahead and commented my disappointment for not reading about her contest earlier and put it all out of my mind.

Imagine my surprise and delight this week when I went to the mailbox and found a HUGE package from her!!! She didn't send me the bread bear, but instead sent me a beautiful assortment of handmade cards that she had made (I'm assuming) with the rest of the Schley family when they do their monthly Stampin' Up parties! I was so excited that I was squealing like a little girl! That got the boys all excited and even Christopher was oooing and aahhhing over my cards with an "OOOOOhhhh niiiiiicccee!" for each one!

Aunt Heidi, you really made my day! I thought that comment on your post was just for fun, but you meant it! I love the cards and I love you!

2 comments:

heidiannie said...

I am so glad they made you happy, Martha! I've been planning on sending them for a long time and I kept procrastinating! Robin was so good at sending cards and I seem to be better at making them than sending them- so enjoy- and thanks for the uplift today!

Karen said...

Uh oh!...I'm getting jealous!