Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Boys!

So now that it's a month past Timothy and Christopher's birthdays, I finally have birthday pictures downloaded that I can share! We celebrated the boys' birthdays several times this year, and that's only fair since they have to share their birthday with each other anyway. This way the celebrations started early and were varied enough that they both got enough attention to last them until next year's September 15!
We started out a week earlier with a trip to Ohio and a visit to the Wayne County Fair with Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Liz, Taylor, Laurel and a friend of Taylor's. What a great day! If you've never been to the Wayne County Fair, you are missing out! We went to Ohio for the specific purpose of going to the Fair this year and we weren't disappointed!

That night we met up with Uncle Joe at the Lodi outlet mall and had another birthday celebration. What a surprise to find a miniature train that took us all around the property, in and out of the shopping area and out into the fields. The boys, especially Christopher, were thrilled! That ridiculous whistle on the train gave the adults major headaches, but the boys didn't seem to notice. They loved it!

We finished our birthday celebrations on their birthday, September 15, at Oma and Opa's house with a cake of a requested theme of TRAINS! I wasn't feeling particularly creative, so I just grabbed some of their tracks and the least beat up looking trains and made a cake. It didn't look too bad and the boys loved it anyway. The funny thing was that I didn't have any cake mixes in the house (and no vehicle to run to the store to get one) so I decided to make a cake. Well, lo and behold, I had no flour in the house either!! Thankfully I had enough whole wheat flour that I could whip up a chocolate cake from a recipe I found online and everyone loved it! Whew!
There you go! Those of you that have been looking for the birthday pictures, here they are. Better late than never, right? Happy Birthday to my sweet, big 4 year old boy Timothy and to my precious little 2 year old Christopher! I love you boys!

4 comments:

heidiannie said...

Well, what little boy wouldn't love that cake? Trains and their names and BIG ! And Whole wheat to boot? You get the good Mommy award!

GramS said...

You'll have to continue to celebrate the whole month of September to make sure their birthdays are covered.
Even a day earlier (or later) than another sib is fun, even if we don't acknowlege getting any older. I'd call her just before midnight so we could both tell each other "happy birthday" on our day during the same international call. And to have a niece born on your birthday is pretty special, too.

LindaSue said...

I was just thinking....I'm gonna get in on that midnight call next year! (if I remember about it in my "old" age!)

Martha said...

Yeah!!! I got a Good Mommy Award! Sometimes I think I don't come near to qualifying, but if all it takes is trains, names and whole wheat, I'm happy!