Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to My Boys!

I just realized that I never posted any birthday pictures of Timothy and Christopher's birthdays! Maybe that's because my cake this year was the most pathetic cake I've made in a long time. And that's simply because it was Timothy's request! When I asked him what he wanted this year for his cake, he said, "I want a grown-up cake, you know, the kind that's round with frosting all over it and candles on top." So I made him a grown-up birthday cake with some Cars candy on top from Grandma and candles for Timothy and candles for Christopher.

Here are some of the cakes that Stephen tried to convince his brothers to ask for, after seeing them at the Wayne County Fair. I'm glad that Timothy stuck to his decision because there's no way I could make these cakes. (The favorite was the Monopoly board since the boys are soooo into Monopoly at this time!)

Here is the only picture we have of the boys' cake this year. It was a busy day on their birthday with Timothy's first day of Kindergarten and the Open House at school, and I just didn't think that this cake was really too worthy of lots of pictures. Notice the lower left hand side of the cake is sliding off? I'm telling you, it was a pathetic cake this year. I felt badly about it, but the boys were thrilled! (Also, the coloring is poor on the video. Our kitchen wall is NOT pink! And the junk you see in the background is just a figment of your imagination. It's not really there. They just don't make video cameras like they used to. Haha!)

So Happy Third Birthday to Christopher and Happy Fifth Birthday to Timothy!

5 comments:

GramS said...

I like your story. Unfortunately, I'm only imagining the cake you baked because it's not coming up on my old, slow computer.
Glad they liked the car candies.

heidiannie said...

I like the shy satisfied smiles after each blew out the candles.
Cute!

Karen said...

fun...good-looking cake! Birthday parties anytime!!!

liz said...

I LOVE the video! Christopher sang so un-self-consciously to himself! And I felt like I reallllllly wanted to give Timothy a hug. And I love how gracefully you attempted to strike the match until it finally lit!

a.peg said...

Wait until they aske for a cherry pie instead of a cake! Lots easier to do.
Can't believe how old they are getting! Glad you enjoy them so much.(And the cake does look rather nice)