Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I Have Not Been Blogging

So, you want to know why I haven't been blogging? Well me, too! I really have no excuse except that silly one that I keep using: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD MY PICTURES! (Fred has this intricate way of downloading on his laptop and then putting it on a drive to some day/some how get it onto my computer. However, after it's on my computer, I can only access it from this ONE computer, but then I want to blog from another computer (yes, we have more than one in this house ... Are you surprised?), but I can't because the pictures are not on the hard drive, but on some pin drive somewhere, blah, blah, blah. Whine, whine, whine. Sorry.

The other reason is because things have been moving pretty quickly around here the past few weeks. School started (pictures are somewhere on some computer or other apparatus that I don't have access to!), the Wayne County Fair happened, Timothy and Christopher had birthdays on Tuesday, Meet the Teacher Night occurred, and canning tomatoes took place. My trusty little computer here is slowing down, after all, it IS getting old. Because it's getting so slow, sometimes I think it's not worth the time to get on here and try to post anything because two paragraphs can take me 45 minutes to write and post! Fred cleaned it up for me last night (Isn't he sweet?!), but my excuse is now that I still don't have current pictures to post.

So just to update a bit here, Stephen is in his second week of Grade 1, French Immersion at school. He's really loving it. He comes home and tells us the newest words that he learned. Even I know that some of them are incorrect in the way that he's pronouncing them, but hey! For a kid that can't read French, he's doing great! He even wanted to watch a cartoon in French today because, "I am learning lots of French, so I'll probably understand it before you do." After about five minutes he was ready to turn it off. Soon! Soon, he'll be watching it and understanding it!

Timothy, sweetheart that he is at five years old now, told me that for this year's birthday cake he wanted "a grown-up kind. You know, Mommy, one that's just a circle with frosting and candles. That's all." But then we went to the Wayne County Fair and he and Stephen fell in love with the Best of Show cake ... MONOPOLY! Daddy took a picture of it because that's the closest we'll ever get to having a Monopoly cake! Timothy ALMOST changed his mind and wanted the round watermelon one with the ants on it, but he ended up getting excited about a plain, round one with chocolate frosting and some Cars candy from Grandma. Whew! That was easy!

Christopher is now three and has decided that he will indeed start Sunday School on Sunday, as long as he can play with cars. I'm really hoping they have cars in their Sunday School room because I'm going to be teaching the Grades 3/4 class and I won't be able to deal with an upset three year old because there are no cars in his Sunday School class! Maybe I'll let him put one of his own in his pocket to play with AFTERWARD!

We're thankful that God has been providing us with some part-time work, contracts and one-time jobs. Some days it's easier to trust than others, but God has been good! He also provided me with a super-easy before and after school babysitting job for some kids from Turkey. The second grade girl is also in French Immersion, so she and Stephen have really hit it off. The boy is in Timothy's class... but he doesn't speak ANY English! This will be a very interesting year for sure!

There you have it! When I get the pictures downloaded to where I want them and can use them, I'll post them. Until then, use your imagination!

4 comments:

heidiannie said...

HI Martha- I identify with your computer woes- but even without pictures I still blog.
Ally and I are going to the Wayne Co. Fair tomorrow. I haven't been to any fair in a long time- and all that fair food isn't good for diabetics so I have to be good and not even get a Lerch's donut!
I like to watch French movies without the subtitles and imagine that I can understand what they are saying. So I guess I do use my imagination- !

GramS said...

Busy, busy, busy.
Even at my age, I don't think it slows down much. Just different things to keep one busy.
I like Stephen's thinking...he'll understand French before you do. Yes, but you can try to keep up with his lessons, and you've got it made.
Yesterday I saw some pix of cakes made by a Buehler's decorator. Wow! Besides the flat sheet cakes, there were racecar-shaped cakes, Statue of Liberty,(she had quite a time trying to keep the torch arm up) the OSU stadium, etc. etc. She's been doing quite a few as cupcakes setting side by side and decorating the top like a shark, flowers, etc. Really impressive. It must have been nice to just do a round-grown-up cake. Glad they liked the toppings.
Hope Christopher likes SS well enough to stay in the room.

a.peg said...

Just think of how bored you'd be without a husband, kids, Sunday School, etc. God is good! Life is good! Glad you enjoy it.

liz said...

Best thing about the fair this year: FREE Lerch's donut! (Sorry, Aunt Heidi.)