Saturday, September 26, 2009

What A Great Day!

I don't want to spend much time on here tonight, but I just HAVE to recap my great day!

1. Customer Appreciation Day at my chiropractor's! I got a free adjustment for a neck that hasn't been able to turn for weeks!

2. Her massage therapist was also there giving out free mini-massages! Woohoo!! Got a free massage, too!

3. I was HOPING that I could also say that I won a draw for a free massage, but they never contacted me today, so I guess I didn't win. But that's ok because ...

4. I won the draw for a lavender wand from my Aunt Heidi's blog today!! I can't wait to receive it because I have developed a real love for lavender.

5. I spent a day in a barn with the Lord! A Christian woman who lost her husband several years ago has turned her barn into a place of retreat for those who need to spend time with the Lord for healing. I had the privilege of going there today and didn't even realize until I turned into the driveway and saw the name on the mailbox that it was my optometrist who is a friend of the Weinhardt family! Because my "invitation" to spend the day there was through a third person, I didn't realize that it was her place until then! What a wonderful day!

6. I spent several hours praying and reading the scripture today and a lot of spiritual healing took place. When I left, I felt a peace that I haven't had for a long time. I was able to have uninterrupted time to cry out to God about some wounds that I had allowed to fester and asked Him to clean them out and bind them up. I'm ready to move on. I'm worn out from all my crying today, but as any woman knows, crying always seems to help! The vials of tears that God collected from me today are many, and they have gone from bitter tears of anguish to sweet tears of thankfulness.

7. I met up with the rest of the family at our local community center where they had a little kids' fun fair today and had free hamburgers, popcorn and cotton candy for supper.

8. The boys and I just finished a game that they borrowed from the library. Christopher won and that's a good thing since he's overtired and winning made him happy again.

9. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm looking forward to a day of worship at church. I'm teaching Sunday School again and I love my class (despite those that try to chit chat the entire time).

10. Once the kids are in bed tonight, I get to spend time with my husband who I've missed the past few nights. He's been at his dad's helping him out while Mom is in Germany visiting her sister. It seems like I haven't seen Fred for days, although we have been together taking care of kids and an elderly father.

There you have it, my friends! A recap of my great day! How was yours?

7 comments:

LindaSue said...

Mar, your day sounds AWESOME! Mine was....tiring. I'll post about it with lots of picts in the next few days (pumpkin party), but I'm wishing I had your day instead! From the chiro (threw my back & knee out Wed...my chiro's out of town until Mon!) to the quiet time....sigh....but I'm so glad you got TODAY!

heidiannie said...

Wow- it was a busy day as well as a healing day!
My day was good- I find myself pondering on the unknowables and wondering the why's and praying for the impossible- all the time living in the now of God's timing for my life.

liz said...

What a great day! Those kinds of days are rare enough to be considered true treasures. (When it gets close to my birthday, if I have a day like that, I count it as my birthday, in case the day itself is not quite up to standard.) :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic! You were ministered to on every level; physically, spiritually and emotionally. I'm so glad for you! Love, Lilly

Pauser said...

Martha...that is so amazing!

I just love that you had this time to spend with our Heavenly Father and pour out your heart to Him.

He is such an AWESOME GOD!!

a.peg said...

I just love your blog! What an awesome experience! God truly is so Good to us. We just have to humble ourselves and acknowledge that we need HIS guidange, comfort, support, etc. LOL

GramS said...

I can't believe I was so busy I didn't have time to check your blog until now. It sounds wonderful to have such a relaxing day in the Lord. There were times when I just wanted to hibernate! I think that's what you just did. No phone calls, no grocery shopping, no cleaning, no "Mommy-ing" etc. etc. just spending time with the Lord. Wow. Your sabbath was in a barn, on a Saturday. Your day of rest. I'm glad you had that opportunity.