Wednesday, May 20, 2009

There IS Such a Thing As A Free Lunch!

Today we continued to celebrate Stephen's birthday and we were all treated to a free lunch! The kids belong to the Birthday Club at PizzaPizza so every year on their birthdays they get a card from PizzaPizza with a coupon for a free slice of pepperoni pizza and a drink, which in our house means that they get a HUGE chocolate milk all to themselves!

We were on our way to PizzaPizza to get Stephen's free slice of pizza when we passed a grand opening event of a store close to the pizza shop. Out front was a big sign, "Grand Opening! FREE BBQ - Everyone welcome!" So ... we stopped in, took a look around at the store, got a free M&M hamburger and a can of pop and went on to get Stephen's free birthday pizza!

There IS such a thing as a free lunch! We enjoyed ours today. Got any of your own "free" stories to share?

4 comments:

a.peg said...

My best freebee was when we were visiting Tim in LV. I went to CVS to buy a cheap pair of sun glasses. Noticed some on clearance, so I selected the only pair that fit me (and I really liked them) took them to the check out only to be asked where I got those glasses. From the clearance rack. Ok, we don't sell those kind the clerk replied. How much do you want for them, I asked. She replied, I can't charge you anything because we don't sell them. Just take them. Someone probably exchanged them for a new CVS pair they liked better so you can have those. So I took them. A good pair of Chris Madden shades for $0! So I guess I really didn't loose any $$$ in LV!

GramS said...

I brougt home a lot of "free food" from work last summer. At Kids 1st, if the kids don't eat all the lunch that was prepared, it would not be saved for another time, so my co-worker and I split lots of leftover chicken patties, hamburgers, corn, broccoli, etc. and froze it for later if we didn't need to use it right away. The mini corn dogs went over well with grandkids who came around.
We had a lot to be thankful for.

GramS said...

Hey, I just thought of something else. We not only had a free meal at Longhorn Steakhouse, but got paid for it, too! We went at lunch time, so my check I just cashed was for $35. Here's the message for anyone else out there who wants to try it. It's really a treat. You have to eat an entre, beverage (water, if you don't want to spend any extra $$), check out the service, neatness, etc. Lunch is reimbursed $35, dinner is $40. Here's the ending of my letter:

please refer friends, coworkers and family members to our Focus on Service site to sign-up to be a Mystery Shopper. Here is the link to our site http://www.focusonservice.com

Good eating if any of you try it!

Karen said...

haha I was just at a conference for ACSI today and after one of the workshops, the lady asked us to put our names on a piece of paper for free gifts...I won a devotional book for teens! Yes, just what we wanted!