Friday, May 22, 2009

Back In Business!

I'm so excited! I'm back in business again. We have a working washing machine again that has replaced our deceased. Our front loader broke down and spun it's last load the day we were leaving for Paraguay back in April. I'm thankful that we were able to wash all but the clothes on our backs before we left Karen's house to come home because it's now been over a week since I've had the chance to wash clothes. Fred's mom so kindly took two loads for me last weekend and Jo took two more loads for me on Wednesday, but with a family of little boys that love to play in the dirt, a washing machine is generally put to good and constant use!

We had the repairman here on Tuesday to assess the situation and he gave us the news that it would be about $510 to repair the machine. Uh ... no thank you. If we're going to shell out $510 for repairs on an eight year old machine, we may as well get a new one. A new washing machine isn't in the budget, though, so we prayed! We knew that God loved us and that He could provide a solution for us, and did He ever! Someone found out that our machine had died and called Fred to tell him that they had replaced theirs when they moved and now they had an extra one that we could have. I'm very grateful for this machine and value it as a special gift from God.

As I'm typing here tonight, I am hearing the whirring and spinning of our new washer and it is music to my ears. Who would have ever thought that one would rejoice over the sound of a washing machine?! Well, I am! God gives good and perfect gifts and that is a reason to rejoice!

2 comments:

heidiannie said...

LOL- you can tell where my mind has been! When you said back in business I thought you were talking about making summertime COOKIES!

a.peg said...

I also thought about cookies. But, alas, I guess you must be the local laundry lady. Glad you have a new washing machine! God is so good!