Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mosquito Bites

My poor kids are getting a lot of attention these days ... and it's all because of their mosquito bites! Maybe it's because they are so sweet that the mosquitoes are drawn to them and can't resist them. It's probably more that there are just so many mosquitoes and I forgot to put in the little raid tablet into the scent-warmer that keeps the mosquitoes away. I also forgot to close the windows at dusk, and I think there was a mosquito reunion going on in the boys' room last night. I feel terrible about that because the poor kids look like they have chicken pox!! Everyone wants to touch them and comment about it and I just feel awful that I could have prevented it. I thought about it around 4:30 this morning when one of those reunion members made it's way into our room and continued to buzz around my face until I woke up, remembered the boys' room and went running in there to put a new tablet into the contraption. By then it was too late. They are now speckled and somewhat swollen and scratched. Pobrecitos!

3 comments:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

I keep thinking about your post on rosacea. I have it too and turn so red for the slightest things. Perhaps you could blame any redness on mosquitos?? Or do like I do and use it as a an excuse "But honey, rosacea is a medical condition. I HAVE to spend $$ on special skin items"

Good luck with the skeeters...ewww

a.peg said...

Try some Watkis repellant! Works good. The skeeters seem to like me, too, more than U. Endre! Not a fun thing to endure.

GramS said...

I think I read somewhere that you can pin a "Bounce" paper on you and it keeps the mosquitos away. Our little town sprays every Tues. evening for mosquitos, once they start buzzing around here.