Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Once again, I'm computer challenged and am not able to post a picture of my mom to honor her on her birthday. Instead of posting a photograph, I'm going to attempt to paint you a picture of my mom.

Mom is full of yellows and oranges and is bright and reflective. She is a happy person whose colors radiate outward. When Mom is in the room, you never feel dark and depressed, but light and brilliant. If you are feeling dark, Mom's cheerfulness takes over and the darkness dissipates. Her joy is found in the Lord and she cannot hide it!

Mom is also full of reds and pinks as she is full of warmth and love. I cannot remember my mom ever showing hate or resentment toward anyone because she is full of love. Her compassion and concern for others will always be remembered because Mom just can't NOT care about others.

Blues and greens also grace my mom. She is a calm woman. She doesn't fly off the handle or act irrationally. Mom is gentle and calming. She has a way of making each situation seem a little more tolerable, a little more managable. Mom is a soft and gentle blue.

There is a bit of purple in my mom as well. She loves to do things a little out of the norm. She likes to try new things and explore new places. She loves to break out of the mold and be a bit daring. She is willing to show her purple colors and go against the grain and be a bit different. She is a perfect purple!

Although Mom's colors are mostly the basic colors from the color wheel, she does allow some neon colors to slip in, too! Mom has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. Her yellows, oranges, reds, blues, greens and purples can be changed enough to be a bit bold when she shows her humor and love of life. She is a giver and shares her colors freely.

Mom also shows her black and white colors. Mom knows what she believes and stands firm. There is no grey (except in her hair). She believes in the Word of God and will not allow her own ideas to fade the blackness of her beliefs. Above all, Mom is white. She has been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and her robes have been washed as white as snow. Her whiteness allows all her other brilliant colors to penetrate a sin-darkened world and bring hope to those who need to be touched by color in their lives.

Mom, you are a very colorful person and I am so thankful that you have shared your colors with me. Your rainbow has affected my life and has taught me to use my colors for God's honor and glory as well. May God bless you on your birthday today and may He keep your colors brilliant and reflective for many years to come! Happy Birthday, Mom!

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

Mar, what an awesome, totally fitting description of such a wonderful lady!

GramS said...

Thanks, Mar!
I read this through some tears, as well as with some chuckles. I finally have time to sit here and read blogs this AM before church. I am so thankful for the heart God has given me to take care of. I didn't know it was so colorful, but I LOVE colors, and if I was reading this about someone else, I would have thought "how beautiful".
I'm humbled by it. I hope I can show my colors this vibrant for a long time...

Anonymous said...

Love your description of your mom. She has always been the rainbow in my life and I thank God for the wonderful sister He blessed me with! She has even been more than a double rainbow to me many times!

Paula said...

Martha that was absolutely beautiful! What a great way to honor your mom. I wish I knew her better.

Anonymous said...

I am so privileged to be your colorful Mom's little sister!! God has really blessed us all with Carole's colors!