Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Mystery ... Solved!

Last night we came home to find ... A BIKE ... on our porch! Perfectly Stephen's size, yet no note, no sign, no indication as to whose it was or where it came from. We all oooo-ed and aaaahed over it for quite awhile, surmising how it got there. Fred asked me if anyone knew that we had been wanting a bike, but I replied that Oscar was the only one I had talked to recently about wanting a bike for Stephen. Timothy was convinced that Uncle Oscar had dropped it off on our porch while we were gone and wanted to call him to tell him thank you. We went to bed that night with all of us still wondering and still dreaming about where that perfect bike came from.

Our mystery was solved this morning at church when J's mom asked us if we found the bike last night. Aaaaahhhh! The mystery was solved! Yes, I had mentioned to her a while ago that I wished we had a bike for Stephen, but to me it was a comment made in passing. She mentioned that J had outgrown his and would love to pass it on, but I had forgotten all about that conversation.

Now we are waiting for the rain to stop long enough tomorrow that we can get out there and try that "new" bike out! On top of all the excitement of the bike appearing on our porch, E's mom gave me a bag of stuff tonight at church and in the bag was E's old bike helmet ... once again, a perfect fit for Stephen! We are excited by the surprise gifts God provided for us this weekend! This family of God is wonderful!

(On a side note, I also was blessed with a surprise gift tonight! All during the evening song service tonight, I was trying to figure out how I was going to take Timothy and Christopher with me to the optometrist tomorrow for a check up on the outpatient surgery I had on my eye two weeks ago. He had told me that he may need to reopen the duct under my eyelid and do some more work if it's not healed properly. I'm afraid that it's not and that I will have to have another patch on my eye this week. If that's true, then I wasn't looking forward to having the little boys with me, sitting patiently (ha ha) waiting for me to finish having the doctor freeze my eye, do a little clean up surgery, and then sit for a bit and wait for it all to set before driving them home w/one eye! Well, when church ended, my friend came up to me and simply said, "Do you need any help this week? When can I come?" I about burst into tears right then and there! We made it out that she will come over in the morning before my appointment so that I can get my grocery shopping done first, go to the appointment, and then come home after she collected Stephen at the bus stop and got lunch ready for all of us. Is she an angel or what?! Yep. These little gifts from God are very precious. Anyone else have any little gifts from God this weekend?)

1 comment:

GramS said...

Another lesson in trusting God for everything. He knows what we need and when we need it.
He blesses us with more when we recognize where it comes from in the first place.
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mom