Saturday, October 10, 2009

Info on the Chicken Base

Since some of you have been asking, I thought I should let you know how you can get some of this chicken soup base if you don't win my birthday present this week (Hint hint - only a few more days to go!). Watkins' soup bases are $8.99US for the beef, chicken, cream, mushroom and onion varieties. They will make up to 50 servings per can (some a little less), and they can just be stored in your pantry as opposed to the refrigerator. In Canada, the beef and chicken bases are $10.49 each and the cream, mushroom and onion bases are $10.99.

You can order them online at www.watkinsonline.com/mjweinhardt or click on the link on my blog here to start browsing. Because I'm in Canada, the catalog defaults to the Canadian version, so if you're from the US, just click on US Catalog at the top. Local folks, you can always give me a call if you want to combine orders to save on shipping. Non-local folks, you can get a bunch of friends together to combine orders to get free shipping if you order over $150.

On a side note here, the mushroom soup is absolutely fantastic!!!! It's soo much better than that goopy canned stuff, especially if you've got a craving for some quick and delicious cream of mushroom soup! There are real, dehydrated mushrooms in it that look, feel and taste like real mushrooms and not rubbery little cubes. It makes a quick and easy mushroom gravy, too. Mmm. Mmmmm! Good!

So remember, just a few more days to tell me about your favorite birthday present! I've been enjoying your stories and memories. Thanks for sharing!

3 comments:

GramS said...

The cream one made an excellent vegetable soup this week for us. (And I used any kind of veggie, all the wimmpy ones that I had to use up before they died. :) You know, they went from rags to riches.)
So, I'll agree that they really are good soup bases.

a.peg said...

And I made a pot of baked potato soup this past COLD week. I added slices of Hungarian Sausage, shredded a carrot and added some left over mashed potatoes to it. It was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Is that free shipping to anywhere in the world? ;-)