Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Pictures

Stephen collecting pine cones for the snowman's hair.

Timothy standing proudly behind their finished snowman.


And here he is, watering can and all! (Do you like his boots?)


This is what our deck looked like since about the middle of November!
With the warmer temperatures this past weekend and the rain forecasted for tomorrow, I thought I'd better post some of our snow pictures before everything melts out there! We've had snow, snow and more snow since the middle of November, and I'm ready for it to melt. The only problem with that is that it starts to look so dirty then, but at least we'll find all those shovels and diggers and toys that went out the first day it snowed and then got buried because everyone thought the snow would melt in a day or two. Instead, it snowed and snowed and snowed and now we're finally finding the lost items!
What are we going to do when all this snow is gone?! I'll tell you ....... WE'RE GOING TO PUT AWAY ALL THESE BOOTS AND SNOWPANTS AND MITTENS AND COATS AND HATS AND SCARVES!! Did you hear me? We're going to PUT THEM AWAY!!! Far, FAR away! I'm so sick of tripping over the boots and drying out the mittens and hunting down the lost hat (that was also used for some game or other the night before). My mother-in-law always says to me, "You know, Martha, if I had to raise a family all over again, I would make sure I lived somewhere warm where we wouldn't have to have all these coats and boots and mittens." I think she is a wise, wise woman! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the snow, I really do! I'm just tired of all the paraphanalia that comes along with it!
Enjoy these snow pictures! Some of you don't have this beautiful white stuff to cool you off, so just look and imagine and remember. I'm sure we'll have more dumps before the winter is over, and I will love those snowfalls, too, but that's not stopping me from dreaming of the day that I can pack all these coats and boots away for another year!

6 comments:

Karen said...

YOur pictures are nice to look at. I even dream I am there.- But, I do not really want to have on those heavy coats now...or for a LONG time. I love the picture of stephen.

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Ok, it's NOT just me who has an aversion to the snow clothes!! I thought I just was a horrible person because I just CANNOT STAND TO TRIP OVER BOOTS, SLIMY WET MITTENS, AND MUDDY/SNOWY COATS at all. Period. I Do NOT Like IT.
Whew! I feel better for having confessed that... HeeHee

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I'm ready for the snow to completly melt, too. It's wonderful to look outside and see the clean, new fallen snow. Once it turns dirty, forget it! Too messy.
And the warm weather will be such a welcomed site! Along with the spring flowers that I hope will SOON appear!
(ut then, the mud comes, too) Oh, well, I'm just thankful God is in control of the weather and not me. I'm sure to make a HUGE mess of it and everyone will be mad at me for it. The snowman is really cool!

heidiannie said...

I just want to see some dirt. Not dirty snow- Although your pictures are lovely and your snowman and son adorable!
We don't play in the snow anymore at our household- we pray for good driving conditions- I'd rather have the paraphenalia and not the worry!

liz said...

I love the pictures! And I already miss the snow.....

GramS said...

Oh, how many times I wished the boots, mittens, coats, scarves, etc. I could put away through the years.
Yes, you did grow up and my house no longer has the snowy boots, wet mittens on the registers, etc. At times I thought it would never end. But the excitement of the happy little faces, the red hands, drippy noses, bright red cheeks and smiles, wet floors from melting snow...you and Ohio_Mom better know those years sure melt away fast!
I love your table. The snowman is so nice. The pinecone hair is a nice touch. You have artistic boys.