Friday, February 27, 2009

The Ginger .... WHO?

This afternoon when I put Christopher down for his nap, I pulled out a family-favorite book: Richard Scarry's The Gingerbread Man. The other boys know this book by heart and request it often, so that's why I pulled it out for Christopher today.

I read:
"Run! Run! As fast as you can!
You can't catch me,
I'm the ....."

(and Christopher shouts)
"I'M THE GINGERMAN GUY!"

We all laughed so hard about this at supper tonight! The Gingerman Guy?! This story will never be the same for us. I wish I could have gotten a video clip of him for you to see. He was hilarious, and it would cause you to hear this story with a different twist from now on, too!

3 comments:

GramS said...

I love your story.
You should give him a gingerbread cookie for that one.

My2Gs said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Life Down Our Lane and for your kind words. Raising Christian children seems to be a rarity in today's culture. In that respect, I'm glad to be odd! LOL :)

heidiannie said...

Give us all gingerbread cookies! I've got a hankering for gingerbread after reading your post!
Very cute, Martha!