Friday, December 19, 2008

Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ...or Bowl

Today is the final day of The Cookie Kitchen's baking for this Christmas season. Whew! We thought we were done, but this morning I got a desperate call from a repeat customer who always places large orders. How could I say no??? After I hung up with her, I frantically called Connie and we both scrambled to count our remaining cookies (that we had already divided up between our families because we thought we were done with orders this year) in the freezer and were thrilled to discover that we had JUST ENOUGH to fill this customer's order!

Well, almost enough to fill her order. I just finished baking 81 more shortbread cutouts and I'm passing them on to Connie to finish decorating since we're leaving in the morning for Ohio! We have two or three leftovers of all the other cookies, but this customer wanted a special platter of the cutouts, soooo ..... that's how I spent my evening tonight after the boys were in bed.

The Cookie Kitchen is temporarily closed as we both celebrate Christmas with our families. Once again, we thank God for the customers that trusted us with their Christmas cookies this year. We're also thankful for the wise ones who came late last night to pick up their cookies before the blizzard hit, and we're thankful for the brave ones who ventured out today in the middle of it all to pick up the rest. Ok, so today's were all neighbors who just had to walk a few houses down, but hey! It was cold and blustery and snowy today!

Since we'll be spending Christmas with our family in Ohio, I don't know how much time I'll have to blog while we're there, so I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas as you celebrate JESUS!

3 comments:

liz said...

I hope there are some cookies left for us!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time with our family:)

Anonymous said...

Safe travels. Hope we get to see you sometime when you're in Ohio. If not, God bless, and have a wonderful Christmas family time.