Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookie Party!

Today was the day of our annual Cookie Party, as the boys like to call it. A few friends and I get together each year to do a Cookie Exchange before Christmas. We have a great time! We gush over each other's creations. We sample the goodies. We tell funny stories. We enjoy our time together. Today was no different. Our group was smaller this year as several of the regulars weren't able to make it, but we still enjoyed our time and are thankful for the variety of cookies that we have to share.
This is just a smattering of the goodies that we were all able to walk away with today. And all I had to do was bake one type of cookie and package several dozen to share.
A beautiful day. A delicious morning. Sweet fellowship. What a perfect Cookie Party!

8 comments:

LindaSue said...

oh YUM! Who did those beautiful poinsettias? And can I get the recipe??? I MISS COOKIE EXCHANGES!

liz said...

The cookies look GREAT! (We're also not participating in a cookie exchange this year...)

heidiannie said...

Beautiful- look delicious! I am not jealous or envious- just not up to making all those cookies this year! Glad you got such beauties!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I could be there! I look forward to it every year:) Thanks for hosting.

GramS said...

Someone really took the time to make such a beautiful bunch of flowers! My cookie recipe this year was a batch of peanutbutter ones that taste like Girl Scout cookies. I only bake what I need for the day and the rest wait in the refrig till next time. We'd eat too many of them.

Karen said...

WOW I LOVE IT!!! I wish we were there...Edson Calls cookies...titas.

Anonymous said...

Oh I almost forgot! That was AMAZING brie that you baked for us. I was thinking about it today:)

Anonymous said...

I love cookie exchanges! We usually make about 2 doz extra for the older people or single dad's in church
How about a recipe for the flower cookies?
Gram Schley's peanut butter cookies were GREAT! I haven't started mine yet. Not enough time.