Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wordless

A few days ago I wanted to update this blog since I seem to be slipping in my consistency. I had some great ideas of posts. I took some marvelous pictures of the snowstorm we got stuck in when we were in Ohio last weekend. I wanted to be positive and encouraging. But Blogger wouldn't let me. For some reason, I couldn't log in to Blogger. I couldn't get anywhere on this site to do anything! Not even comment on other people's blogs! It just wouldn't let me do a thing!

So now I'm here and I can write and I can post and I can comment and I can put up pictures, but I can't right now. I'm wordless. I'm depleted. The window of opportunity for me to be positive and encouraging and maybe even funny has passed. I hope it's just temporary, but right now I can't think of anything blog-worthy to write about that would make people smile.

Just when it looked like there was hope in this whole Micro-Aid business sale and all that, discouragement has hit again today, and it has hit hard. When will this trial ever end?! This morning I was meditating on the truth that God does allow His children to suffer, and it's usually because He has a greater good in store for them. There is refining He wants to accomplish and purifying and glorifying that He wants to have done. Well, I'm not sure what His plan is for us, but He sure is trying to do it all, it seems! We have been brought back to the point that only trust and faith in the Lord will hold us up emotionally right now. I know that others go through much worse than we have been/are going through, so I don't want to whine. I just want to say that through it all, I want to be thankful and praise the Lord for all these difficult things that He is allowing to happen, and that He is walking through with us.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed... II Corinthians 4:8-9

7 comments:

Karen said...

You should still post about your trip...days after...who cares! That is what I am doing. hahaha

heidiannie said...

We all want our stories to be more about living "happily ever after", Martha. It has taken me years to finally realize that "happy" may not be in God's curriculum or even in my best interest from an eternal point-of-view.
You are doing well. Keep adjusting your attitude, and allow for moments of discouragement and despair. The Scripture refers to these as momentary and that is exactly right- but it hurts in that moment.
I'm praying for you to have peace.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you dear friend. May the Lord be your comfort. I also would love to see your pictures from your OH weekend. Love, Lilly

GramS said...

I'm so glad you experienced your trip when you did and not this weekend, because you could enjoy it so much better last weekend!!!
I'm thankful for that!!
Get those pictures posted. It'll bring back some happy memories. You need those sometimes to perk up your thoughts for the day.
Gram P always said "this too shall pass".
Don't forget the verse in Eph. 5:20 "giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
You can, and have, listed things to be thankful for. Keep reading the list and adding to it. Love and prayers to you!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Hang in there. Whenever we make decisions that will bring us closer to the Lord, things happen that test that closeness. It's just a test... a pain in the fanny... but it's a test. Chocolate has to be a certain temperature in order to be useable. You are chocolate. You are useable. Your tempering will make you delicious in the eyes of the Lord (how's THAT for my food obsession??)

liz said...

We are praying for you. And we love you.

a.peg said...

Mar/Fred. Keep looking up...then you can't see all the darts Satan wants to throw at you. We love you and pray for you. God is STILL in control, and ALWAYS will be. We just have to "trust and obey for there's no other way..." and thank Him that He found us worthy to face the trials in our lives.
Love you much