Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Preparations



My little helper, Christopher, always HAS to help when I start the baking! This is HIS section of the counter with HIS rolling pin and HIS dough and HIS cookie cutters and HIS cookie sheet! When he starts trying to take over MY side of things, I conveniently put him on washing duty and he's equally as content.

Of course we had extra help as we were making chipa with Ruth and Anita for Anita's class project. I'm not sure why the girls are so happy and the boys have such sour looks on their faces, but we ALL had fun that night! And the chipa was fabulous as always!! (Maybe I'll make some more today, come to think of it. We need something to warm up this kitchen anyway and I DON'T want to make another cookie for a long, long time!)

5 comments:

heidiannie said...

Make Bread! I'm down here in Chincoteague, waiting for the second Holiday group and I'm going to walk down to the grocery store and get some yeast and make some welcoming bread! When in doubt, or in need of warmth, I ALWAYS make bread- not cookies!

Karen said...

I'm glad you made chipa and thought of us!

GramS said...

Maybe Christopher is practicing now so he can be the general manager of the Cookie Kitchen some day. He's learning.

Pauser said...

I love Christopher's apron! Great pictures of him washing the dishes. For some reason all kids love to be at the kitchen sink. Glad you captured that moment!

liz said...

I pretty much love the boys' faces!