Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This Week

We have VBS this week. Can you say, "Busy, busy, busy!"? You are right! We're out the door early and cramming our mornings FULL. Since Fred and I are sharing our one vehicle this week, I have to try to do everything I can on the way to or from VBS so that I can get my errands done before I have to rush home so that he can leave. From here on out, we've still got packed days ... including FRIDAY when Stephen finally gets his cast off!! He's thrilled because that means at Saturday's VBS picnic, he'll be able to swing at the pinata with both arms.

Since I don't have lots of time here today, how about just one funny leftover from Camp? Our boys have been enjoying some StoryKeepers DVDs lately. These are stories of a baker who lives during the time of Nero and is The StoryKeeper who tells people the stories of Jesus. They are always trying to keep the Christians away from Nero's soldiers who want to throw them to the lions. The boys have been watching these same DVDs over and over so much, that they are now role playing and quoting the stories verbatim.

So, one evening at Camp just after supper when there is a bit of free time for everyone on their way to the sanctuary, Timothy, in his own little world, decided to do a little StoryKeepers role playing. For those of you familiar with Eastern Camp, he climbed the amphitheater stairs in front of Campus Center and stood there with his arms wide open, and shouted at the top of his lungs. This would have been fine, except that this time he was playing Nero and I heard him shouting to all the passersby, "WHERE ARE THE CHRISTIANS?! BRING OUT THE CHRISTIANS AND THROW THEM TO THE LIONS!" He repeated this over and over again as loudly as he could. I tried to get his attention, but he was too far up on the stairs and, like I said, he was in his own little world so he didn't realize that I was trying to get him to stop shouting such a violent command! I'm not sure if anyone paid any attention to him or not, but Fred and I stood there just laughing hysterically at our little actor. I mean, of all places to be asking where all the Christians were! Hopefully our church camp was FULL of Christians ... and there was no threat of any lions anywhere.

5 comments:

LindaSue said...

hahaha! yourself! That is HILARIOUS! My kids love SK, too.

re your comment on my post, the consequence that seems to finally be working is taking away all her twirly dresses and princess dresses. However, I don't think that would work for you (at least, I hope it won't).

LOVE YA!

heidiannie said...

Oh, there are lions- just not always in plain view!
That is really cute, Martha- maybe a preacher in the making!
Have fun in all of that busy"ness"!

Anonymous said...

How I wish I had witnessed that at camp. Too cute! Love, Lilly

a.peg said...

I love it! Most likely, all the Christians were in hiding from your little Nero. Who wants to be thrown to the lons anyhow!

GramS said...

I love it!!
Wish I could have seen it, too.
That is SOOO funny! So Cute!