Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hearing the Sun Set

Click on this link and then on the picture of the Swamp Cicada http://www.musicofnature.com/songsofinsects/iframes/cicadas/cicadas.html and then finish reading this post.

One night after Story Hour at Camp, the boys and I were heading back to our room just chatting about the Bible story they had heard that night when all of a sudden Stephen made a comment that once again made me amazed at the brain God gives little boys. He heard this Cicada choir start in the trees and he said so excitedly, "Mommy, listen! I can hear the sun setting!" I wasn't sure what he was talking about at first, but then I realized that these Cicadas would make the most beautiful song at night and he always heard these insects at night time as we were heading back to our room just as the sun was setting.

Enjoy this song of the cicada! I will never be able to listen to it again without thinking of Stephen and his setting sun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my boys were little, we would sit on the deck and watch the sunset and then clap for a job well done.( Of course, I still go sit on the front porch during thunderstorms to watch the lightening- so maiyibe I;m just weird.) Thanks for sharing the cicada song!

Anonymous said...

Maybe not weird- but I sure can't type!

Martha said...

You're not weird, but you sure need a spell check today! :)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Pavkov loved to watch the sunset. Many times he called us kids outside just to see the wonders of God's creation. (Also sun rises and stars at night) He even had us looking through the binoculars for the Man in the Moon. (And I seriously tried to find him!)