Thursday, July 24, 2008

Prayer Requests

Last week at Camp, my highlight, as it is every year, is the one-on-one time that I get to spend with my friends, many of whom I see only once a year at Camp. This year, as all others, my dear friends and I got together to talk and catch up on our lives, and also to pray together. My heart burns for my friends because, even though we shared joys and laughter with each other, each one shared personal prayer requests that are heavy on their hearts. I've come home with a list of prayers for marriages, relationships, teenage children, young children, church issues, health issues, financial issues, career changes, grandchildren, salvation of loved ones, aging parents, birth complications, moves, weddings, personal struggles, job situations, etc. Everyone seems to have something that is causing pain or concern in some area. God has brought so many of my converations to mind this week and I'm thankful for that because I could pray for my friends!

When I think of you, my friend, I pray for you! I know God puts you on my mind for a reason. Be comforted with that. I may not always be able to call or e-mail or even snail mail you to let you know that I'm praying for the things we shared together, but be assured that when you come to my mind, I am immediately praying for you! Please do the same for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I smile reading this. I am better at praying than I am at letting
you know I've been praying! I use my refrigerator as a praying wall- putting up pictures I'm given to use as reminders to pray.