Friday, July 11, 2008

What Day Is It?

Timothy asked me today what day it was. I fumbled around for an answer because I wasn't quite sure. We've been gone for so long, it seems, and I'm not sure where we're at anymore when it comes to what day it is.

We've been busy, that's for sure. While Fred, Christopher and I were in Vancouver for Henry's wedding (pictures coming sometime!), Stephen and Timothy were enjoying the good life with their aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents. Every day they tell me more stories about things they did and places they went ... and video games that they played. They were in their glory at Aunt Liz's house! Then I found out that Grandpa and Grandma took them to a park and an ice cream place that gave them chocolate and vanilla swirled ice cream! Wow!! That was a treat for them! They have been having a great summer so far!

As for Fred and me, we've been having fun, too, but with frustrating twists. On our way back from Vancouver, we were circling our connecting airport for over an hour due to thunderstorms. Can you believe that we eventually landed, but had to sit on the tarmack for another hour or so and then had to stay overnight in a hotel only 45 minutes away from our home before getting a connecting flight to Ohio to pick up the boys?! Forty-five minutes from home!!! We had no car. It was 11:30 at night. We were stuck! Well, we enjoyed another day of "vacation" and spent the night oh, so close to home, and yet so far away. Sigh.

Today the boys and I went to Dianne's to spend the day with her and my chatty nieces. The boys had a blast playing with Lily and Maci and splashing in the pool on such a hot day. Dianne and I did yard work and laundry and had a great time as well. Somehow doing work at someone else's house is always a lot more fun.

Tomorrow we're moving on to Mom and Dad's and then we'll be on our way to Eastern Camp from there. It's been a long vacation so far and we've still got a week to go, but the boys are troopers and we have had laundry facilities, so we're doing good!

Now, as for what day it is? Stephen, our little Fact-o-meter, informed us that today is Friday. He's been counting the days until we leave for Camp, because (get this) he can't wait to see what kind of cereal they're going to have for breakfast. Hmmm. I guess as a five-year-old it's still ok to look forward to the cereal at Camp.

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

Isn't it funny how kids often prefer cereal? I try and make my kids breakfast (usually eggs or waffles, Tony often makes oatmeal for them in the winter), but their first breakfast choice is always cereal!

Unknown said...

What time is it? What time is it?!?!?

Anonymous said...

By next year, Timothy will be looking forward to the rainbow ice cream he so enjoyed this year.