Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting Rid of the Perfectionism

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I haven't posted for a week and a half. Yeah, I know some of you noticed, but I have a good reason for it! I've been too much of a perfectionist! You see, I have tons of pictures that I would love to post, all with a great story behind them, but I have NO clue how to download them and which computer I should even try to download them on IF I even knew how, so I don't post anything!

Have you heard the complaints about the home of a handyman never being repaired (I'm not talking about you, Dad!), or the mechanic's family that drives the junkers? Well, I belong to a family with one of the most computer-literate people in this country, and boy! You should see our computers here at home! We have laptops and desktops and monitors and keyboards and towers and USB keys and motherboards and mice (mouses??) galore, but do I have a clue what's going on here? NO! I repeat ... NO!!! It seems like every other day "my" computer is being replaced by another one while Mr. Computer takes the one I've just gotten used to back to it's original owner. He'll bring home another one from work "to test it out" (whatever that means) for a few days, just long enough for me to figure out where everything is, and then ZIP! It's gone and another one of a different model, shape, size, brand, speed, etc, takes it's place. I never know what's going on with these computers or if I'll even have one available to me on any given day. The sad thing is, we have so many of these pieces and parts lying around here that we could probably have 10 working computers, if only someone would have the time to put them all together.

Ok. So that was my excuse. I don't post because we have hundreds of computer parts around here, several computers to use, many miscellaneous keyboards and mice, but I have no clue which ones are digital camera compatible or not or which ones will have access to the internet. I don't know which ones are connected to our hard drive at any given time, so I can't even download pictures to save because I don't know where I'm saving them! To top this all off, Mr. Computer has been working out of the home office quite a bit the past few weeks. In order for him to tap into work more effectively, he has somehow shut down my ability to access any of my files or documents because he has redirected the paths from our own personal hard drive to go directly to his work server. Sigh. I'm so frustrated. Not only am I not able to download current pictures, I can't even access old ones that I could post and write about!

There. That's my excuse for not posting. I have no pictures. And I have no clue what to do about all these computers around here. I love Mr. Computer. I really do. I just wish I knew as much as he did sometimes so that I could get at least ONE computer working to satisfy my needs and then I wouldn't need to rely on him for this any longer. I relinquish my perfectionism of not posting unless I have current pictures to share. I will return to posting sans pictures ... as long as I can find a computer that works!

7 comments:

GramS said...

Boy, does that sound like MY computer problems. Maybe not to the same extent as yours, but I know what you are talking about when you say there are parts and pieces all around. And yes, since your Mr. Computer told MY Mr. Computer that MY computer was running too slow for him to use, My Guy did try to straighten some things out on it and keeps asking if it is going faster. Thanks to your Mr. C., I think I'm getting somewhere. I don't have time for blogging yet, though.......

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Hang in there...
You could post old pictures of your Christmas Cookies just to inspire/tempt us. Or you could just tell us which recipes you are looking at for this season. Personally, I can't wait to help dispose of some of your "seconds/thirds/crumbs" LOL.

heidiannie said...

I'd ask for a Personal computer of MY VERY Own for my birthday if I were you! I used to use Jordan's computer when he wasn't using it and that was very unsatisfactory. Having your own should become a priority.

LindaSue said...

hey, yeah! You DO have a birthday coming up....

And you have boys that you can blog about...even without pictures!

And I missed reading about your life and thoughts.

And I wish we lived closer...

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your 8.5 hr. extended vacation! Missed your blogs!
I agree with LindaSue's comments, and heidi has a good idea...you do need a computer of your very own for your birthday. Just like a housewife needs her own set of tools like pliers, hammer, set of screwdrivers, etc. There are just SOME things a busy mom should not be without...and that includes a computer.

Martha said...

Ah, a new computer .... I will dream ... and then I'll probably just settle for another patched up one. I can't complain. Some days I have the choice of three or four different ones to choose from even! But my own .... sigh.

ohio_momto3boys, The Cookie Kitchen is back in business! We have our brochure made and ready to be printed. We've been testing recipes all summer and now we're even planning an open house for Watkins and The Cookie Kitchen w/my friends who sell Tupperware and custom labels. We're gearing up for a busy holiday! I'll let you know if there are seconds or thirds or crumbs after the boys snarf whatever they can!

liz said...

Wow, good thing lindasue referred to this post or I would have missed it!

Moms get their own things? Umm, not so much, here, and when I do, I give them up so very easily to the sweet people in the house with me.