Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thoughts From Stephen

This morning, sitting on the couch, Stephen says, "Mommy, did you know that if you walked on the ceiling and stepped out the door, you'd fall right into Heaven?" Think about it ...

In the van on the way home today he asked, "Mommy, how many days have you been a lady?" (chuckle, chuckle, chuckle) When I repeated this story to our friend Dan tonight, he responded, "I guess that depends on what age you considered yourself to have matured." I think it's best we don't touch this subject. Sometimes I don't feel like I've reached that point of maturity yet!

After the question of my "lady days", Stephen asked how many more days until his anniversary. I asked, "You mean your birthday?" (We had just counted those on the calendar yesterday and I didn't think he'd forget it that soon!) No, he meant his anniversary. You know, the day he gets married! Trying not to giggle too loudly, I told him it all depended on if or when God wanted him to get married. Only God knows that number. Thankfully he accepted that and didn't persist in getting me to give him a number.

I never cease to be amazed at his brain!

4 comments:

Peg Toth said...

Mar. you have to take it as a compliment that your son considers you a lady. Just think of all the females you know that aren't "ladies". I'm glad Stephen recognizes one when he sees one.

GramS said...

I love the 'walking on the ceiling' comment. I'm going to share this with some of my friends. Good one, Stephen!

liz said...

I LOVE these comments. My kids aren't so out there any more but they still say things that amaze me (like Taylor saying he doesn't like to use a calculator because it slows him down...).

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think that being a lady isn't just about being matured. I believe that it's about being polite, gracious, and graceful! :) Maybe someday I'll be a lady....I hope!