Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Fred!



Today, 48 years ago, on a beautiful spring day, you were born. You were the sixth child (out of eleven total), but your mom's letter to Tante Lene that day showed that she loved you as if you were her first and only!

When we were first married, we started a tradition when we were on long trips in the car that continues even now. We would list at least 10 things that we loved about each other and usually our lists would expand and continue for the six, eight or even twelve hours that we would have together. We're on a lifelong journey together, Honey, so I want to list some of the things that I love about you today as a birthday tribute to you. This list is only the beginning of what I love, and as usual, they are in no particular order of importance!
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT FRED
* That you ask God's opinion before you ask anyone else's
* When you tell the boys goofy, mixed-up stories to make them laugh
* You bring home a single rose for me "just because"
* That you love having people over as much as I do
* Saturday mornings are always adventures with the boys
* You love to travel
* Your gentleness
* You know the Scriptures!
* You don't mind scrambled eggs and toast for supper
* When you pick out a DVD from the library to watch, you often pick a chick flick because you know I'll love it!
* You love helping people with their computer problems
* You are sooo pun-ny!
* It's against your nature to complain
* You are an excellent salesman
* You love me despite my emotional outbursts at times
* You are very forgiving
* You love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength
*Your memory is astounding, especially when pulling up phrases to songs from your past
* You love me!
to be continued on a regular basis with you...

Happy Birthday, Fred! I love you!

7 comments:

AJS said...

Well Fred, you are two teenswy, weensy, tiny days older than me, for I will be 48 on Friday. Happy Birthday! Annette

liz said...

Happy birthday, Fred! So glad you're a part of the family! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Honey. I love you. You made my birthdays special. Love, Fred

GramS said...

What a beautiful tribute to you, Fred. Keep up this tradition. It will be remembered by your boys and carried on to your daughters-in-law, because they saw how much you mean to each other. Love and blessings to you both! Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Fred! And, Mar, what a wonderful birthday gift for your husband. (And I just can't believe all my young neices and nephews are really getting so OLD! Love you all.

liz said...

Wow, Aunt Peg. How old is OLD? Love you, too.

LindaSue said...

old is 15 days older than my husband :D